New to the forum.

Not sure if these kind of posts are allowed, but been trawling the forum for about a month now and it seems to be a huge source of information! I'm very new to the tinting world and hope to be sharing some of my adventures with you in the future. No doubt panicking for last minute advice too haha!

Got my first paying job lined up, and 07 Audi S4 Avant. Nervous as hell but fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Nikos.

Welcome to the forum! this is the best place on the net to hang and learn. Lots of good people willing to help. You might run on to a few members who give you a hard time for being new but remember it's just the Internet so it's all good :beer

Glad to have you here and please post ....... More than me..... Will be easy!!!!

Cheers

Stan

:welcome   I hope you do well. :thumb  Good luck.  

That Audi is a tough car for a first paying job.  Take your time and do it well.  Hopefully the next one will be a Camry :lol

Uh-oh, sounds worrying :lol

Thanks for the warm welcome, anything in particular to look out for on this avant then? I have read about covering the electronics in the boot compartment but figured it would be quite a straightforward job since the side windows seem to be pretty... Flat? Lol.

I'll be using SunTek Carbon and probably the H method with a little bit of soap for the rear window.

you'll have lots of fun with that particular vehicle......they're not that bad, pop the panels and tape the felt,

watch out for "peanuts" around the rear defrosters,

are you doing the whole think or just b-pillar back?

have you had any formal training, if so, from who?

Just the B pillars back on this one, being from the UK we aren't allowed to do any of the from windows by law!

I haven't had any formal training, just taught myself the techniques over the past couple of months on friends and family vehicles. First one I completed semi-successfully was a Subaru wagon... Used about 10m of film and every swear word in my vocabulary but got there in the end!

Archived