Tinting side window that won't roll down

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's how the first framed roll down auto windows were tinted............ :lol

Follow the top gasket on the outside and use that for your top edge , or nowadays use the opposite window and cut it in reverse and tuck the extra at the bottom.

If you are pulling panels, then that' s pretty self explanatory, Just don't set it until you know it's in the right spot.  

Sorta the same if you are not pulling panel.  I usually double cut with whichever window works and when I install,  I don't set the first stage.  I go ahead and load the whole piece and then squeegee everything out once I know it's in the right spot.  :twocents  

also try two things to get the window moving, try a different window switch from another door if that fails then pull the trim and hit the power window motor with a hammer or something similar,

I did this on a ford exploder a few years back the guy asked how i fixed his window i was like ummm id like to say i did something mechanical but i just used a persuasion bar haha

That's how the first framed roll down auto windows were tinted............ :lol

Follow the top gasket on the outside and use that for your top edge , or nowadays use the opposite window and cut it in reverse and tuck the extra at the bottom.

Using the opposite window is what I was going to say. :thumb

Had one the other day like this. The winder motor was blown or something, swapping switches as Mates suggested didnt work in this case. The customer still insisted that he wanted it done regardless. Just as easy to tint ( cut in reverse on the other side) , but warn the custy about the gap in the top edge.

I explained this to my custy, but he still complained later when he got his winder fixed.

I already asked him and it is a guy that i use to ride to work with. He said just do the best i could. I asked if there were any intentions of getting the window fixed he said no it was a work car and he wasn't worried about it.

Archived