Tinting side window that won't roll down

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a sharpie, I double cut on the window that works. Install the one the works like normal, take my sharpie and make 3 marks on glass, roll window down take pattern for other side and line it up with top edge and sides and mark my pattern. I then measure where my marks are on the working window and try and align my pattern as close as possible to the other window, mark the glass mirroring the marks on the pattern, install it after lining it up, clean off sharpie marks and done.

just had a 96 towncar that had a rear window that wouldnt go down. slammed the door a couple times and the window started working. might not work for you but worth a try. i would cut the film reversed on the opposite side. install the film as you would with a quarter window. might help to use some extra slip to get it in place.

Daz, next time give the electric motor a few taps the brushes can seize up and they can be loosened up from a few taps, similar to engaging a  starter motor that is on its way out.

It won't fix the motor but it will allow it to work for a short time

damnn that would of pissed me off if they came back after getting the motor or reg replaced and wanted it redone free, umm no you brought the faulty vehicle to me, thats their problem

Daz, next time give the electric motor a few taps the brushes can seize up and they can be loosened up from a few taps, similar to engaging a  starter motor that is on its way out.

damnn that would of pissed me off if they came back after getting the motor or reg replaced and wanted it redone free, umm no you brought the faulty vehicle to me, thats their problem

there will always be custy's like this....beat up tish boxes that expect perfection....what really grinds my gears is when you can get these rust buckets spot on perfect and yet a trade brand spanker has a dot right in the middle of the glass WTF????????? drives me insane

What's even better is when customers bring a car to be tinted but one of the doors won't open. WTF!! Lol

I had one of those in the other day on this, rear door was locked and power locks didn't work along with the lock knob being broken all the way in the door. 3029ddf8c2a6f0bb00ebfc3d17b922f0.jpg9ef43992c812fcb70c5acce541bc56e7.jpg

there will always be custy's like this....beat up tish boxes that expect perfection....what really grinds my gears is when you can get these rust buckets spot on perfect and yet a trade brand spanker has a dot right in the middle of the glass WTF????????? drives me insane

Good grief, I know the feeling. POS junker and the tint comes out freaking spotless. Blows my mind. :?

Archived