mobile vs shop

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've restored your post #14 and '08's reply.

I think most people would understand why the posts were removed, but since you are making a stink about it, I restored them, but I'm not going to allow more threads to break down and become a joke.

Wasn't trying to name call but if someone comes in here (who really shouldn't be due to lack of experience) and begins to slam a service which they don't offer but other people do I will call them out on it. Some people should stick to the window tinting forum if they don't install PPF on a daily basis. I have installed tint over the years but no longer offer it so I avoid the tint forums because it does not affect me nor am I an expert in it.

I am currently strictly mobile. I am lucky enough for the dealerships who care about quality to offer me a hoist when they can. If not, it'll be a bit longer, but the same quality. Professionalism is innate, not instant upon owning a shop.

I firmly believe that in the past 12 years and change, mobile has helped me develop my skills in dust mitigation and remedy, making me a better installer overall. Sure, it would be easy to have my own unit and everyone comes there, but dealerships have a steady stream of clientele. My clients who do the best business, are the ones who sell customers on the installer, not the brand of film.

The idea of distribution chains boycotting mobile installers must have been said tongue-in-cheek. That'd be cutting off a lot of installers who work quite diligently. I understand that in a shop you control the radio volume, temperature and maybe even buy three ply for comfort, but it does not make you a better installer than the next guy. Hacks work in shops too, mobile guys have to come clean up their messes.

I am currently strictly mobile. I am lucky enough for the dealerships who care about quality to offer me a hoist when they can. If not, it'll be a bit longer, but the same quality. Professionalism is innate, not instant upon owning a shop.

I firmly believe that in the past 12 years and change, mobile has helped me develop my skills in dust mitigation and remedy, making me a better installer overall. Sure, it would be easy to have my own unit and everyone comes there, but dealerships have a steady stream of clientele. My clients who do the best business, are the ones who sell customers on the installer, not the brand of film.

The idea of distribution chains boycotting mobile installers must have been said tongue-in-cheek. That'd be cutting off a lot of installers who work quite diligently. I understand that in a shop you control the radio volume, temperature and maybe even buy three ply for comfort, but it does not make you a better installer than the next guy. Hacks work in shops too, mobile guys have to come clean up their messes.

There is a lot to be said for three ply though...lol

Archived