2015 Chrysler 200 - How to get around big side seals?

McCoyH

Like all Chryslers (worst cars to tint in my opinion because of the enormous side seals), the new 200 has upped the antie.... with even larger, hard plastic side seal on the roll ups. even tighter than the Darts I think....

Doing our 3rd one today, and was just wondering if anyone has any tips on the roll up as far an NOT crinkling the film on the side edges trying to wedge the film behind a 2 inch plastic seal...

It would be awesome not to have to do each roll up 2 or 3 times on this car trying to get it to look like it should....

Any tips!

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, our shop is in a small town that has 3 new car dealers for some reason, and the one that moves the most volume is the Chrysler one.... so we seem to tint a lot of Chryslers....... Wish the GM or Ford lot moved more... lol

I do these all the time. Pull the sweeps, they come out very easy. Not like the Chargers or 300s, more like a grand cherokee/Durango. Also I use 2x to 3x the normal slip solution on these doors.

Also for future reference many of the 200 front windows have laminated glass so be careful when pulling sweeps and if heating out any imperfections. Also this is one of the few cars where I do shrink the roll ups before install.

I'm not families with what issues Lani glass causes in roll ups, could you give me a summary? Why do you have to be careful?

By the way, install went WAY better after pulling bottom seals

Archived