Always an H pattern?

Hey pros im a beginner and im just curious about something so if anyone would put in their 2 cents id really appreciate it! Ive been doin really well so far and have been able to shrink several back windows consistently and learn somethin new each shrink and i love it. Question is that ive been using an H pattern for each window and im pretty sure that for most normal back windows an H pattern can be used. But is there any car or cars off the top of your guys heads that you dont use an H pattern and maybe something different? Possibly corvettes or vw beetles? Any others that are somewhat common or can an H always be used? What about like volkswagon golfs? Or any other round hatchbacks? Just trying to do my research and plan ahead lol! And also avoid wasting film for the future possibly. Thanks for the help everyone!!

I rarely lock down the sides in a H-pattern. I just sort of work with the film while I go. Hard to explain but I basically just lock down the sides little by little as I go.

I rarely use an H pattern, just a single line across the glass and leave the sides open for pulling ect. Only time I use an H pattern is when I'm shrinking crystalline to "trap" or "hot pocket" shrink. But, whatever technique is going to be the most effective for you! 

Cheers. 

Bpdebroy88  :welcome

You said in your intro.  You learn something new on every shrink.  The 'H' will work most of the time.  But I let my car tell me how to anchor my film.  When I lay the film across a prepped backglass. I pay attention to the amount (size) of fingers that I will be dealing with.  If it is going to be an easier shrink, then I will anchor with a 6" black & white.  If it is a more difficult shrink, then I may set my anchor a little thinner.  And like most of these guys have said,, the sides usually just sorta float or fall into place while anchoring.  Not really much of an 'H' pattern as more,, moving all the fingers top and bottom. :twocents

It is a learning curve and each make and model with have their own little tricks.  Good luck you :beer 

I lay out my film and just use my Teflon black card to anchor the middle line, depending on the fingers more curve at the top or bottom will determine where my "middle" lock line goes. The H is great to start with and I stick with it for over a year, until I was comfortable with the film and how it shrank.

Archived