2010 F01 7-series

BM-TINT

Here are some information on the F01's I got from RecklessReflectations. Hope this will help others; 

Yeah, the main thing is getting the gasket out. That will make your job 110% easier. For the front doors there's that wood grain trim that you would normally take off on like an m series to unscrew the hex head that holds the panel together. 

Well on the 7 series there's 3 of them. In order to get the wood grain trim off you have to look under the trim itself and you'll see a pin head sized circle/hole where you need a straight pick to push that pin all the way up (it's a security pin to lock the trim into place so it doesn't fall off) after you push that up you pull the trim off as normal. Starting by popping both left and right sides to relieve tension then using a pry tool to release the middle and it'll come off. Once that's off take out the 3 screws and remove the panel to take the gasket out. However the gaskets are actually one piece. Meaning you'll have to take your Olfa blade and slice the corners of the gasket. You'll see how it's connected when you personally see it. 
Just cut it at an angle so the cut looks factory. After that the gasket will pull out. That's the most lengthily door to do. 

Back doors are a piece of cake. No pulling panels or removing screws. All you need to do is cut the gasket like you did on the front door and that fat gasket removes easily. Just be careful with plastic side rails on both the front doors and rear doors as the panel/gasket has a chrome piece that could easily scratch the plastic side rails. 
And I'm sure you already know to cover the fuse panel in the trunk with a rag. 
Other than that it's all easy once you do a couple.

cut the gaskets?

The bottom gasket is one piece, meaning the felt you usually tape up on the sides before installation, well...it's all one piece. So in order to remove said gasket you have to make it it's own separate piece. otherwise you'll have a helluva time trying to pull that whole entire gasket out and put it back in correctly. 

tinted a 2009 750 today , first time , covered electronics in truck ,vents and back window easy, front moderatly hard , i dont remove door panels or tape anything , rear doors interesting with the electric shades , again door panel removal or taping, stopped removing door panels 20 years ago,on the rear doors what i did is, on the front of the rear door is the electric shade housing , with the rear window down , remove the trim on both sides of the electric shades, then remove the 3 torx screws which will give you alot more room to install the tint.

Archived