Mobile transfer glass for tint/ppf

At my place of work I have a sheet of glass on the wall as a "transfer station" for when I'm doing installs, as is required for a clean area to transfer the film to the car to. I'm sure many of you have a similar setup. What I'm wondering is what any of you have setup as a mobile transfer station for window tint and PPF. A sheet of glass the right size would just be heavy, obnoxious, and dangerous.

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the hardware store and get a sheet of plexi-glass 36 x 28, This is used only for peeling, no cutting.  This is my set up, from the car, to the glass - less than 3 feet away.

C9D4DB3A-74FD-4885-A1C0-78407669F66E_zps

Kon,,   I would also look into the self healing cutting mats.  They come in different thicknesses so you should be able to find a thickness and size that is manageable.. and you can cut on it.  A frame or stand for it shouldn't be that difficult.  You might could find or build a good easel or use a ladder.  Also I think it can be rolled up.  :twocents  

I got two of them for mobile.I started using my 36 inch role .that way I don't have to lug the peel boards around.find a shelf and pull the film out of box let it hang.put your patterns on it and bam a peel board. When done role back into role.fast and clean

For PPF, i'm using a foldable table instead of glass. Then I have it setup with 2 wood working clamps which act like a second set of hands. For bumpers, I'm typically rolling it on instead.

Do you use the clamps on the table, to hold the section of ppf?

For PPF, i'm using a foldable table instead of glass. Then I have it setup with 2 wood working clamps which act like a second set of hands. For bumpers, I'm typically rolling it on instead.

Do you use the clamps on the table, to hold the section of ppf?

Yes. I use clamps on a section where the liner is bare. It's basically giving you a pivot point so it's easier to peel the film off the liner. I can't speak for tint as we don't make or sell tint. The benefit of the table is that it can be foldable which allows for mobile ease and use, as well as a surface to put you stuff if need be. 

Archived