The Legality War!!

I would guess if the ticket is specifically mentioning the windshield, then they would have to write another ticket for the side doors.

Here in GA cops don't know the tint laws 90% of the time.  I have been pulled over for legal tint before.  One of my guys was pulled over for the factory privacy glass on his SUV which had no additional film at all even though it would be legal to have it.  Most cops here people that the law is the 2 front windows have to be legal on cars which is not true, all windows have to be legal.  Not to mention them using outdated meters with the dials on it to calibrate it.  I once got pulled over with legal tint and the guy metered it at 27...which I know was BS.  I pulled out my newer meter and showed him it was 31 and 100% legal and let him know he might need to calibrate it.  He was pissed, but let me go.

I have a brother who's a cop and he use to help out at my shop in Florida year's ago... tells me stories of those trying to convince him their 5% is 20.  :lol He worked around film long enough to eye it pretty well.  :evileye

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had just got pulled over for mine two days ago, being that it's full limo.

He told me to roll down all my windows on his loudspeaker before getting out, so I did.

Approached the car and asked if I knew why he was pulling me over. 

I said because of my tint. He said that's correct I couldn't see you at all. I responded just saying, well....okay....

Asked for my information and then asked why I had my windows so dark. Told him I keep a lot of tools for work as well as film in my car at any given time which I don't need anyone to see into my vehicle. 

He asked if I had an issue with him searching my vehicle, I responded saying I really don't care, search all you want just be careful when going through the tool bag as there might be broken off blades in there. He then asked if I was on parole, ever been arrested ect, I said nope. All he said was one moment went back to his car to check whatever he needed to check, gave me back my information and said have a good day. 

smiley-eatdrink033.gif

Archived