The Legality War!!

Bham, I see your point and it is valid. What the state does have a right to do, if they wanted to push the issue, (even on equipment violation) is to prohibit that vehicle from operating anywhere within the boundaries of that state. I believe that would be a far fetched scenario but they could enforce this, I believe.

Yes. That would be an interesting situation. I also know that an out of area officer can hold you until the local enfoercing authority can get to you, to handle whatever the problem is.

One of my other problems with this type of law/regulation. You can't give the ticket visually. They have to meter your tint. If that's the case make meters mandatory not optional. An officer cannot call another one to the scene, just to bring a tint meter. If the on scene officer doesn't have a meter in his posession, he can't give a ticket. It's not exactly fair.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bham, I see your point and it is valid. What the state does have a right to do, if they wanted to push the issue, (even on equipment violation) is to prohibit that vehicle from operating anywhere within the boundaries of that state. I believe that would be a far fetched scenario but they could enforce this, I believe.

Yes. That would be an interesting situation. I also know that an out of area officer can hold you until the local enfoercing authority can get to you, to handle whatever the problem is.

One of my other problems with this type of law/regulation. You can't give the ticket visually. They have to meter your tint. If that's the case make meters mandatory not optional. An officer cannot call another one to the scene, just to bring a tint meter. If the on scene officer doesn't have a meter in his posession, he can't give a ticket. It's not exactly fair.

I do believe there is a reason why I am not an attorney. :lol2 I think they have a hard enough time interpreting LAW themselves.

I love a good debate. :thumb

This is not ment to make anyone angry. But I think it should be discussed. If it makes you to angry then back out :sorry

I will say that IF. they start prosecuting shops for installing illegal tint. (And can make it stick) then I might consider a change of profession. But for now, I don't think it's fair and I will take my chances(and give my customes what they want). :mellow:

I will say that IF. they start prosecuting shops for installing illegal tint. (And can make it stick) then I might consider a change of profession. But for now, I don't think it's fair and I will take my chances(and give my customes what they want). :mellow:

My boss has mentioned to me certain areas here in the valley get fined for such things like this. A lot of tint shops closed out in very "certain" areas due to these hefty fines. Basically and hardship, these companies cant operate in these boundaries unless they follow very strict law. But in other areas such as hollywood and greater los angeles they aren't nearly as strict if at all. 

Most of the customers I get that end up having a fix it ticket due to tint is because they either got pulled over for anything else like a red light, stop sign, speeding ect. The officer either adds the tint to the ticket, or is nice enough to let them go with the fix it tint ticket only rather than a speeding/red light ticket. I've never had a single customer since I been here because they got ticketed solely for their tint. 

And it looks like poo

Agreed. :yeah

The third brake light didn't start until 1986. It was added as a safety feature. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it is required.

Archived