The Legality War!!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the two years time I've been with this company or the 10 years just simply growing up around the industry and shop I've never come across any incident of a customer returning to blame us for either a window tint fix it ticket infraction nor have they blamed us for any incident that they may have gotten into an accident. Although none of our customers have gotten into an accident we have a very strict lined out release form that cannot hold anyone or installer liable for any re precautions of having film on the front doors or any front portion of the vehicle that's darker than 70% by the state law of California. This is the reason why when I right down what film is being applied where I have the customer initial his/her name saying verbally that you are okay with us applying this to your car with them initialing next to it. Once more do they have to sign the whole documentation that releases all liability to us. I myself am not going to lose a customer due to not putting a film on their front doors if they really want it on there. I tell them it's illegal by any means no matter if they choose the lightest in FXPM line which is a 55%. But if telling them strictly no we will not tint your front doors and they end up walking off because the next shop down the street will be more than happy. Then there's no reason to even be open for business. Because I haven't come across not one shop here in Southern California that WILL NOT apply any film shade that will read lower than a 70% on a VLT meter due to it being "illegal tint".

In the two years time I've been with this company or the 10 years just simply growing up around the industry and shop I've never come across any incident of a customer returning to blame us for either a window tint fix it ticket infraction nor have they blamed us for any incident that they may have gotten into an accident. Although none of our customers have gotten into an accident we have a very strict lined out release form that cannot hold anyone or installer liable for any re precautions of having film on the front doors or any front portion of the vehicle that's darker than 70% by the state law of California. This is the reason why when I right down what film is being applied where I have the customer initial his/her name saying verbally that you are okay with us applying this to your car with them initialing next to it. Once more do they have to sign the whole documentation that releases all liability to us. I myself am not going to lose a customer due to not putting a film on their front doors if they really want it on there. I tell them it's illegal by any means no matter if they choose the lightest in FXPM line which is a 55%. But if telling them strictly no we will not tint your front doors and they end up walking off because the next shop down the street will be more than happy. Then there's no reason to even be open for business. Because I haven't come across not one shop here in Southern California that WILL NOT apply any film shade that will read lower than a 70% on a VLT meter due to it being "illegal tint".

same here. exactly!

So you guys are saying that it should be perfectly fine to knowingly do something illegal to a customers car because if you don't do it and make the dollar, the guy down the street will. Come on. Get real!!

So you guys are saying that it should be perfectly fine to knowingly do something illegal to a customers car because if you don't do it and make the dollar, the guy down the street will. Come on. Get real!!

Knowingly do it because it's at the customers request and their ultimate decision that, they themselves are knowingly requesting for such service that could get them pulled over. Not going to lose business over two front doors. Plenty of tint shops in LA to compete with and we will not be the only to not service or cater to front doors. For the company I work has been in business for more than 25 years they've never had an issue with any legalities. That's as real as it gets.

Cheers.

This is simple,

Lets say you installed 5% on sides or Tinted Front screen,  (illegal limit)

Now customer drives to a T junction a x croads,

He hits a kid off a bike, an old lady crossing road, whatever, Personal injury to someone,

Its a court case, no matter what disclaimer or waiver, or what you think, that customer is looking for a blame ! a get out, the cops note the illegal tints,

next thing your in the firing line as you ultimately did it, simple as that, and always legally insurers look for BLAME

so technically i know in uk insurer will walk away as not valid as a illegal car - so no insurance,

and said Tinter will be standing in the court Room, as to why he allowed an illegal tint job to go out on the streets, and now someones injured, crippled, or dead,

someone is culpable and Yes this does happen,

No good thinking wont happen as it does, and if your happy to be in a court with a judge for a 4-8 week hearing, and the worry and stress. while you could be carrying on legally tinting cars, instead of losing money and stressing over a court case, carry on,,,,,

my :twocents thought

Its a law suit world we live in,

Easier and less stress and more money doing non illegal jobs, works for me, 13 years ++ yes i lost jobs, but i have more respect and a better rep because of it

Archived