Re-branding

It's a good idea if your competition are marketing the same brands that you are and a price war is escalating.

I have done this before to avoid being shopped on the film I offer, and it worked very well. I even had my competition ringing me asking where I buy that brand film as a lot of their customers were asking for it. :lol

You can do it on the cheap by just renaming a film, or ramp it up by producing your own brand name stickers, warranties, posters, wall displays , brochures etc

It's a good idea if your competition are marketing the same brands that you are and a price war is escalating.

I have done this before to avoid being shopped on the film I offer, and it worked very well. I even had my competition ringing me asking where I buy that brand film as a lot of their customers were asking for it. :lol

You can do it on the cheap by just renaming a film, or ramp it up by producing your own brand name stickers, warranties, posters, wall displays , brochures etc

Yeah Daz a good friend had a very similar story to you! I'm liking the idea more and more, makes sense now the exclusivity has come off our favourite brand.

Yeah Daz a good friend had a very similar story to you! I'm liking the idea more and more, makes sense now the exclusivity has come off our favourite brand.

Pretty easy to do. Give me a call sometime if you like and I'll tell you how we did it.

I would suggest getting some sort of approval or recognition from your supplier.

If you have a warranty issue in 3 years' time, and the customer's paperwork says they bought "JJ Elite25", they/you might hit a snag trying to make a claim.

Also try to keep it to one brand/type. There is a group of stores around Brisbane who market their own brand, but they buy independently. So brand/type 'X' could be NS10, Nightscape 5 or SYLR10, depending on the store. This could also change over time at the one store. Same film type by name, could be NS10 this year and SYLR the next. Good luck to the customer getting warranty service.

I would also be careful with how you market it. If you claim that the product is WERS rated for example, is that true? Finally, weigh up how your customers shop. The world and market now has unprecedented access to information, at their fingertips these days. If they google "JJ's Elite25", what will they find? They will find technical info and reviews on your competition's film, but nothing on yours.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just some points to consider. :)

suppliers do not like your own warranty cards, you could always fill out warranty cards with each job and file them for your supplier warranties then issue your own the customer, only downside unless you have multiple locations you will be the only one who can really look after that warranty.

not many of my direct competition use ultragard so thats working in my favour currently and not many in my area use my other line, johnson so i rarely quote the exact same products.

If it comes down to  the guy down the road is cheaper, then sell your quality of install, say yes we might pay the same or similar for the film but the labour of a professional installation is what you are paying for. Have to remmber a vehicle is often most people most expensive or 2nd most expensive asset unless they are bullshit rich and own helicopters and yachts bigger than your street lol.

people will want their vehicle to look the best it can, you don't buy a new car to skimp out $50 on tint and have it look average

Archived