Best way to deal with cheap customers!!!!

I had a customer like that recently, a college kid I might add. He got pulled for his two fronts being too dark, came in for a removal and wanted them retinted. The kid literally had 58.20 to his name, tried running his card for more and it declined but ran it for a above amount and it went threw. After explaining how the process works and everything I handed him some razors and a bottle and he did the removal himself as I watched. He actually did pretty good on the removal, and I retinted the windows. The car was an older but pretty clean Corolla, and after he spent about an hour doing the removal he understood why we charge what we charged. Long story short about two weeks after he shows back up offering to pay the rest of his bill in which I declined, but brought in two of his friends who both made appointments to have their car done at full price. Like someone said previously, it depends on their attitude on what they get. He got the same tint job that all the rest of my customers get and he learned a little in the process that paid out for me in the end.

That's awesome man. I love to hear stuff like that :D people literally think we just slap it on there, they don;t understand the preparation it takes. 

Nice to see he actually offered to pay the rest of the bill and even better you declined since he sent a few more friends and you did such a great job on his. keep up the great work !

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they ask me to tint their car for a extremely low price then I say , That's your budget? OKAY. I pull the vehicle in, slap the tint on as fast as I can, without even cleaning the windows and leave HUGE gaps on the top edge of the roll down windows lol and out the door it goes.

Instead of doing terrible work you could just decline their car. If business is good and you are busy, there is no reason to take lower than your asking price and do a bad job.

If you aren't busy and agree to do a car for less than your asking amount, the work should be no different than what you would produce for someone that paid full price.

Nah, they get what they pay for! 

hahah you're the best ocala.

I'm not gonna decline the job after they set up an appointment to get it done. you bet your ass I'm gonna make money instead of sending it out the door while I sit here doing nothing.for the time I booked the vehicle in for. Exactly right, customer gets what they pay for. period.

As i see it there are 3 main types of customers:

1. The cheap one shops only on price and could care less about how it lasts or the performance it has.

2. Then theres is the customer who is willing to spend a little extra for something descent and is somewhat concerned on how it will last and perform.

3. The high end customer is usually educated on film differences, cost is not a factor and they are all about performance, longevity, and brand.

I dont tint for those looking for the lowest price Even if i knock 25-$75 dollars they still wont go for it cause they want the cheapest and im not. The majority of work i do is for customer #2. Im over losing sleep not being gettng the the cheap customere out there. Now, i actually feel sorry for those that do. As i see it, if you drive something descent that is somewhat new I know you can afford it and if you dont. That shows you dont respect the work i do and you are cheap. Therefore, i do not want you as a customer.

i would not give in to cheap customers trying to talk you down......especially on junk/old dirty cars because there is just not enough time in a day.......

the other day someone called me for a price to tint a car......so i told him the price and right off the bat he offered $30 less.......and i said no man i cant do that......if i KNOW that i am offering them a good deal to start with and they try to offer you less like a flea market you dont want them as a customer......at this point they usually know not to press any further.......but for the 1 or 2 exceptions that STILL complain or argue about the price i will tell them honestly.....listen i know what all it takes to do a car like yours and im not crawling all over that thing for x amount of dollars......

Even with us charging only 150 for a full (any vehicles SUV, car, truck, bus, boat....) They want a discount and around here even a little contamination is ground to redo anything. I've had to pull Windows off that had one speck in them because well... That's what we do. At times it's beyond frustrating but that's how we do customer service.

From the rat nest cars to the brand new 20 mile vette, nothing changes except the film and asking them to pay 300 for something like suntek cxp is just mind boggling to them.

I got an email today for a quote and was asked what type of film i was using. I gave them the quote then was told that they got quoted cheaper for films that are very similar and was told that my prices where a bit to high for the film. EWF ( classic black)

they got quoted $85 for sungard black pearl

$115 llumar atc

Told them if they changed their minds id be here.

Archived