2015 Challenger Overhead Third Brake Light

Bham

I haven't seen where anyone has mentioned the overhead third brake light on the new Challenger yet....

This brake light sticks out from the headliner onto the top center of the backglass

liner.jpg

Now if you pull down on the headliner section you are okay.  

But if you pull down on the black plastic cover on for the brake light  :stop  Don't pull hard enough to release it from it's clips.  These clips will pop off and stay in the metal roof area above the headliner!!  They are very difficult to get out if you can still even get to them!!  U-Base_0.jpg

So again,, don't pull the third brake light cover out of it's clips.  Just wedge a bone tool or something thin but enough to raise each edge off the glass enough to slide your film under the brake light cover.  Clean the outside plastic cover really well when installing your film, so the film can touch the plastic without getting trash in it, allowing  you to carefully slide it in place.  This cover is rather snug against the glass to this will take some care to squeegee it out properly, but with some thinking ahead, it can be done with little issues.  

I hope this helps and saves a few headaches  :thumb  

I'm not sure what's worse on these cars, the third brake light or the defrost lines!!!   I just did a 15 and the headliner was actually clipped into the third brake light.  I was able to first unclip the headliner from the roof just along the rear window then unclip the third brakelight from the roof and unplug.   Alittle tricky either way :ppdance

Archived