Peanuts in BG on volkswagon EOS!!

Ok so I've got a 2007 vw eos in the shop & have attempted this super small BG 4 times.. getting big peanuts everytime. I dry shrink with dryer sheet, clean bg with sprayway glass cleaner, used 0000 Steele wool and also a plastic razor blade on defrost lines and STILL getting peanuts?! Wtf, I've been tinted 4 cars a day and all of a sudden have this problem, also using global qdp film..

As Pjtintz mentioned; shrink it slower. 

I find that when peanuts happen it's from an aggressive shrink, making the adhesive hate it's job when it comes to sealing on those defroster lines. 

A combination of that and making a separate bottle with a 1cap - 2cap full of alcohol added could make a big difference. 

What exactly is "peanut" I've wondered this for years.

I'm not sure if I've never run in to this issue or if I simply have never associated the term "peanut" with an issue I was having.

Pics would be helpful

As Pjtintz mentioned; shrink it slower.

I find that when peanuts happen it's from an aggressive shrink, making the adhesive hate it's job when it comes to sealing on those defroster lines.

A combination of that and making a separate bottle with a 1cap - 2cap full of alcohol added could make a big difference.

That does make sense on too much heat weakening the adhesive. I just shrink it a tad more than normal though . I think not tacking the sides is what helps, so that area gets shrunk like the rest. The peanuts ive had in the past were always about 4 inches out from the side only.

:yeah   ------ And if you do end up with some, throw the car in the sun ,get the moisture dried off the defroster strips and push each part of the p-nut to the defroster,hold for a second , done

Archived