Starter tools

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a pro here neither (barely a rookie) but I'd say you're missing a turbo or similar soft sqeegee. I'd get a yellow one. Also, a Side Swiper seems to be a generally recommended tool. Other than that, I think it looks like a decent startup toolkit.

You should also get some 0000 steel wool, white scrub pads and ofcourse a stainless steel razor scraper and lint-free cloth.

Not a pro here neither (barely a rookie) but I'd say you're missing a turbo or similar soft sqeegee. I'd get a yellow one. Also, a Side Swiper seems to be a generally recommended tool. Other than that, I think it looks like a decent startup toolkit.

You should also get some 0000 steel wool, white scrub pads and ofcourse a stainless steel razor scraper and lint-free cloth.

:yeah Add a heat gun and wider film for back glass. And don't forget the extension cord, slip solution and spray bottles. :lol

Edit: The big azz yellow thing works great as a doorstop! :eye

Edit: The big azz yellow thing works great as a doorstop!  :eye

Don't listen to that old codger  301.gif He just doesn't like trying something new  :lol  :poke 

I'm just kidding,,  always listen to that old codger, he sorta knows how this stuff works.  

But don't be scared of the yellow or green whale tale.  Just make sure you always use them on a wet backglass.  If you swipe away alot of slip solution, make sure you re-srpay or those tools will skip across the film.  They are great tools once you learn the proper way to use them.   

Thank you, I do have a small small black squeegee , but now that I look at it I should have got the yellow one, and side swiper.

[emoji111]

:yeah Add a heat gun and wider film for back glass. And don't forget the extension cord, slip solution and spray bottles. [emoji38]

Oh that's right, heat gun, probably gonna run down to harbor freight pick one up. Thank you.

:yeah Add a heat gun and wider film for back glass. And don't forget the extension cord, slip solution and spray bottles. [emoji38]

I know this is somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find it, you were saying a wider film for back glass, how wide would you recommend, the one I have in the pic is 20 in , so like 30 -32 in?

I know this is somewhere in the forum but I couldn't find it, you were saying a wider film for back glass, how wide would you recommend, the one I have in the pic is 20 in , so like 30 -32 in?

36" roll will cover most every backglass out there.  I have my 60" cut 24"x36" ... There a a few out there that will require a 40" piece but not that many to worry about carrying both.  A good distributor will help you with getting a 40" piece for a backglass if you need it.  :thumb   

If just starting out, I would recommend spending the few extra dollars and stock 40" rolls. You might waiste a little extra film but at least you know that any window that comes in can be taken care of. As far as the extra waiste from the back window, roll it up and mark the length and you can then use it for windshield strips.

If just starting out, I would recommend spending the few extra dollars and stock 40" rolls. You might waiste a little extra film but at least you know that any window that comes in can be taken care of. As far as the extra waiste from the back window, roll it up and mark the length and you can then use it for windshield strips.

Sounds good, I will order myself a 40" roll as well, and a couple more tools. Thanks

That's a good idea using it for the windshield, btw probably been talked here already as well, I haven't watched anybody do the front windshield strip , what is the best way you guys go about it?

Archived