I had a client ask me to install PPF on of his clients desks. After t was installed it loomed great but after it dried there was a white frosted look to it.

The desk has a laminate veneer which has a mat-like finish to it.

This would make the 4gt surface they have had covered. I had them show me the other surfaces. They all looked good. All of the others were a wood finish (all different) it seems as if this desk being a mat finish is the issue where the PPF isn't making contact with the valleys on the matt finish

Has anyone done an application like this before?

Anyone know how to resolve this?

post-33201-0-97284900-1438660402_thumb.j

post-33201-0-66785400-1438660403_thumb.j

Any irregularities will show whether it is PPF, Dinok, Belbien. they are all meant to go on a perfectly flat substrate. They're gonna have to live with it or maybe a poly coating .

Yeah, my twenty dollar yard sale desk did the same. I dont care as it serves a purpose that has nothing to do with being a show piece. I've done the hand rail for my stairway, covered the breakfast bar wood top with ppf, cut out sections to serve as stair pads and used it instead of tar paper beneath the shingle material on the shed. Also, applied it to the block walls in my basement as a moisture barrier before studding went up. 

Archived