Xpel does it again!

Bham the problem has been well discussed in another thread. Where the issue is here is Xpel is going into markets where installers have promoted Xpel film and Xpel is taking their accounts. Your comparison with Walmart is so far off I dont really want to get into it. Walmart doesn't manufacture a product (well technically Xpel doesn't make their own film either a third party does) so when they open up a Walmart store in an area they aren't competing with smaller stores that are selling Walmart products. I hope I don't need to explain that out any further for you to understand. Anyways Xpel has been going into markets and taking dealer accounts from local installers who actually promoted Xpel and thus built their reputation in that market. Well Xpel can EASILY undercut any installer in here because they mark up their film to sell to installers so they have film at a MUCH cheaper price plus they do not have to pay DAP fees. If I solely used DAP for kit installs I would pay thousands of dollars a month in DAP fees alone. So when Xpel opens up an install shop in a market they are in all reality taking business from the person who promoted them. That is not right. I personally have called and asked about them opening up shops twice (about the Houston and Austin locations) and was told both times they were NOT opening up shops there... then 4-6 months later there is an Xpel shop. if that is their plan then they need to have a little integrity and state this openly so that one they aren't lying to everyone and two they are letting installers know what their agenda is... which is to up profits for the share holders. Installers do have one option which would really put an end to this. Stop buying Xpel film. If everyone quite buying the film then they would be forced to stop expanding into other markets (installation wise) and would have to do what they should be doing.... pushing the local installers to "get that bigger piece of the pie" they like to throw out there. I quit carrying their film for this reason and because I feel Suntek is a better product. But I have no doubt they will continue to expand into other markets and more installers will come in here complaining about the same thing; how they were undercut and have lost business. No matter how good you are as an installer when a corporation comes into a dealership and offers the same product at a cheaper price then you will loose that dealership. Do not think that you wont.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of right now I have this dealership back doing business with me again and now using using Xpel film for them, I talked with Xpel a Sema and hopefully they will support me as I support them by using, selling,  and installing there film!

As of right now I have this dealership back doing business with me again and now using using Xpel film for them, I talked with Xpel a Sema and hopefully they will support me as I support them by using, selling,  and installing there film!

Absolutely, JCT.  Let us know what we can do to help!

Archived