switching films advice

hey guys so im currently carrying ASWF Retro and express classic black (i love the film hasnt done me wrong) well i get phone calls and most people want suntek,sungard,madico,llumar,3m etc. well i was wonndering witch of these other films i should carry. i will be dropping the american standard soon i dont know enough about it. looking for some advice on what to do. thanks 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used St in the past and when i started using global i had the sam issue, but once i started explaining why global is better, it made it easier. Since you have used st (like me) use that to your advantage. I tell customers that st is a descent film, but has a bad scratch coat and that reley on other manny for the components in their film, which increases the chances of getting defective film. Then i explain that global makes everyhing in their film, has an excellent scratch coat, matches great with factory tint and it will last. I never felt comfortable installing st, but with global i have no doubt that it will last.

Keep in mind Eastman bought ST and there's a good chance that quality will improve to the point of being much more consistent than what has been the experience.

Also, Eastman is capable of consistency in quality products however, since most of their top brands are made in the USA you'll pay more due to resource costs here compared to what Garware lays out in Mumbai India.  :thumb

Edita: They are the two power houses in our industry from a global perspective.

Archived