finger free door vid

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting old cant see it,   I see so many vids where they measure the window and go measure off the roll.  if you think of the angles of the door,  you save film by cutting off the roll if the car is the same shade.  Time = Money  anything to save a min or sec.  when reps send me samples I really dont care if they are 5 or 10 bucks cheaper a roll.  I want it to be able to save me 5 to 10 min a car to be interested in switching. 

The best tip I can give you is trick that door trigger. After watching your 20 minute video I can still hear that dinging :lol

Also I know it's difficult to try different techniques when something works for you for so long but honestly the cobalt door sweeps lift right out without much trouble. Much easier to get a clean install this way.

Nice video :thumb2

The best tip I can give you is trick that door trigger. After watching your 20 minute video I can still hear that dinging :lol

Also I know it's difficult to try different techniques when something works for you for so long but honestly the cobalt door sweeps lift right out without much trouble. Much easier to get a clean install this way.

Best tip by far, 5 seconds you could have that sweep pulled right out. no tucking, faster, cleaner install. This juts goes to show you why I don;t like guys that tuck everything when all it takes is seconds to pull out a sweet for a cleaner install.

Other than that it does look like you do take pride in your work! very good job !

LOCK - I would work with you any day of the week knowing that you are one of the man few tinters who will take the time to pull sweeps if you know it will be a cleaner install.

Best tip by far, 5 seconds you could have that sweep pulled right out. no tucking, faster, cleaner install. This juts goes to show you why I don;t like guys that tuck everything when all it takes is seconds to pull out a sweet for a cleaner install.

Other than that it does look like you do take pride in your work! very good job !

LOCK - I would work with you any day of the week knowing that you are one of the man few tinters who will take the time to pull sweeps if you know it will be a cleaner install.

i do pull some sweeps just because its super easy but i would say that it doesnt really make much a difference in terms of quality.

It greatly depends on the vehicle.  The biggest point off puling gaskets for me is to get the film beneath both seals on the gasket to prevent peeling.

Also another tip would be to take the bluetooth out of your ear when making a video or just ever. That thing will give you brain cancer hahah Those things drive me nuts.

:beer

Pulling the sweeps is one of the best things any installer can learn IMO, but I don't wanna high jack this thread so I'll leave it at that.

I don't see a reason to run the heat gun along the edges of the film inside the car to "seal the film". I really don't see that doing anything of benefit. Plus a heat gun on the inside is hazardous at best.

Archived