recommend a ppf brand

getting into ppf as a add on to my tint business .  Is there a decent ppf that isnt as expensive as llumar or expel . Just doing hoods mirrors door edges and top of rear bumpers . I know you pay premiums on films because its easier to work with doing bumpers  . Will be giving a 3 year warranty and  just doing flat areas . Any films out there  will give  3 years before yellowing or deterioration that doesnt cost $5 a sq ft . Llumar is getting out of control with there prices . 

you can buy madico tint  for 30% cheaper than llumar and it still is a good tint . Just not marketed or hyped  like llumar/3M  . Being the highest price doesnt make it the best product . getting into a new industry till i build my skills and repeat customer my only advantage is price. 

Two things to consider here:

- The cost of film and the ease of installation are not related.  The price you pay for film has a closer relationship to technology used to create/make the film, durability, and other things the company may do for you (marketing, working events to drive consumers to the dealer locator, paying for a rep to be in the field to help installers, sales training, etc).

- The coverage you described should equate to about 12 square feet of film.  If you were to go with the cheapest film on the market you might save yourself a dollar per square foot over the more expensive films, saving you a $12 per car.  What are you giving up for that $12?  It depends on the film.  It may be durability (which could effect your reputation).  It could be whether or not you are listed on a dealer locator (which brings you business).  It may be the the willingness or thriftiness in handling warranties (which will cost you a lot more than $12).

There are only two ways to increase your margins, lower your cost, or increase your price.  The most expensive cost in any ppf install is the labor.  I think you will find that you can only shave a few dollars here and there with film cost, but that you can almost always make a real difference in efficiency.

- The cost of film and the ease of installation are not related. The price you pay for film has a closer relationship to technology used to create/make the film, durability, and other things the company may do for you (marketing, working events to drive consumers to the dealer locator, paying for a rep to be in the field to help installers, sales training, etc).

- The coverage you described should equate to about 12 square feet of film. If you were to go with the cheapest film on the market you might save yourself a dollar per square foot over the more expensive films, saving you a $12 per car. What are you giving up for that $12? It depends on the film. It may be durability (which could effect your reputation). It could be whether or not you are listed on a dealer locator (which brings you business). It may be the the willingness or thriftiness in handling warranties (which will cost you a lot more than $12).

There are only two ways to increase your margins, lower your cost, or increase your price. The most expensive cost in any ppf install is the labor. I think you will find that you can only shave a few dollars here and there with film cost, but that you can almost always make a real difference in efficiency.

^^ what he said ^^

- The cost of film and the ease of installation are not related. The price you pay for film has a closer relationship to technology used to create/make the film, durability, and other things the company may do for you (marketing, working events to drive consumers to the dealer locator, paying for a rep to be in the field to help installers, sales training, etc).

- The coverage you described should equate to about 12 square feet of film. If you were to go with the cheapest film on the market you might save yourself a dollar per square foot over the more expensive films, saving you a $12 per car. What are you giving up for that $12? It depends on the film. It may be durability (which could effect your reputation). It could be whether or not you are listed on a dealer locator (which brings you business). It may be the the willingness or thriftiness in handling warranties (which will cost you a lot more than $12).

There are only two ways to increase your margins, lower your cost, or increase your price. The most expensive cost in any ppf install is the labor. I think you will find that you can only shave a few dollars here and there with film cost, but that you can almost always make a real difference in efficiency.

Perfectly put

Given the fact films are becoming pretty level in capabilities there is no point any longer in paying more than market forces dictate

Go for the best mix of characteristics and price.

When you are a small business every dollar matters.

Archived