Bmw 3 series coupe back glass

You have to start with getting a more even cut where the tint and vinyl meets. Make sure not to apply the tint up past the matrix line. Use the vinyl and overlap the tint.

As for the peanuts keep heating and squeegee it out the shortest distance either left or right. Start with the ones closer to the center first to not trap water. As for the bottom just keep using the side swiped and titan. You could also use the red devil and wrap it in paper and swipe left to right.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

still love the glue sticks.  squegee out the BG,  wrap a cloth over your prohandle to get the water out of the dots.  I use a perfect cloth folded over three or four times.

peel the top back,  apply a glue stick, and then hard card no towel or cloth to get the glue evenly into the dots without squegeeing it out.

Tint it up to the first line in the dots.   Heat it up well and hammer it down.  Then use a high performance vinyl on the dots.  Lay it down, warm it up, knock it down.  When glue sticks and that crap goes bad in a few years in the sun, a 9 year plus vinyl will still be good.  

Ok guys. Let me clarify. I use the hand sanitizer to apply dotrix. Dotrix is a thin black vinyl used to black out areas on cars that have the dot matrix. I tint my window as normal. Then I trim off the top right where the dots start then use the piece I cut off as a template to lay over my piece of dotrix. Then I put the hand sanitizer in a hand spray bottle and spray the dots in the car. Peal the liner on the dotrix and spray it liberally. Then install in car. Slightly over lap where you trimmed the top of your window and squeegee to top. Dotrix will be nicely stuck around all dots and looks great. Verses splotchy other methods. Not that others can't be done to look as well. Just easier and more predictable.

I am not using the hand sanitizer under the tint. Just the vinyl.

Archived