Will film help with reflecting the suns rays?

Perforated vinyl on the outside of the glass,,it comes in white or you can paint it whatever color or have it printed whatever and laminate it for longer life and you can still see out of it and it will not cast heat reflections like any tint or the glass will cause it with no tint film applied(that's happened already?) I assume

Dusted crystal/frost type stuff,,you can't see thru either side

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Ridler -   Since they want to still have vision,  I would have to agree with DooTint.  The perforated vinyl seems to be the best idea.  They make different styles with different amounts and sizes of holes.   This idea just might work, and still give them some vision.  

Please keep us informed on how you solve this problem.  I am actually rather interested to see if the perforated vinyl will work on this problem.  :beer  

Interesting idea... However perf sucks when wet as you cant see through it

When its laminated with uv clear coat,,the water won't fill in the holes and it will last longer
So whats the difference between laminated perf vinyl compared to installing a clear film over top a non-laminated perf vinyl? Tried doing that a few years back and couldn't see chit when looking out.

Interesting idea... However perf sucks when wet as you cant see through it

When its laminated with uv clear coat,,the water won't fill in the holes and it will last longer
So whats the difference between laminated perf vinyl compared to installing a clear film over top a non-laminated perf vinyl? Tried doing that a few years back and couldn't see chit when looking out.
The reg clear laminate is thin,,helps with rain,,the printed wraps are run thru a laminater to give it strength and UV protection,,they just started doing it to the perf designs

Snow sticks on the perf vinyl pretty good=see nothing

I seen it on a rear glass with a wiper that would have tore the perf,,guy had it printed with his busness name/tatoo guy,,and seemed to see out good I guess,,I tinted the other windows of his BMW suv

Archived