Stan's DVDs...

Hey guys. I've been in discussion with Stan and I'm really interested in his training program as well as his DVDs. I've been watching some videos by Ralph Van Pelt and Platinum tinting and they explain things pretty well but not good enough. I've been trying to find some first hand information from people that have actually watched Stan's DVDs. A lot of posts I have found on this forum say, "I've heard stan's DVDs are highly recommended but I personally haven't seen them." Has anyone actually seen them? Do you think they will help me build a good foundation to help me with hands on learning when I practice on friends cars? Is this the best place to begin other than going to a hands on training course? As always gentleman, I appreciate any input. Thank you.

I have read were a lot of people like Stan's DVDs. I personally have never watched any of them so I can not give you my opinion on them. My first real job was detailing cars and because we had someone else doing the tinting, during down/break time I would always watch and observe and ask what some would consider stupid questions. It wasn't until I finally got my hands on a knife, squeegee and film was I able to really start figuring things out. Kinda like a few years ago when I decided to do a vegi garden. I could barely plant a seed and now after some trial and error, I can now pull vegis that are worth eating. 

I have read were a lot of people like Stan's DVDs. I personally have never watched any of them so I can not give you my opinion on them. My first real job was detailing cars and because we had someone else doing the tinting, during down/break time I would always watch and observe and ask what some would consider stupid questions. It wasn't until I finally got my hands on a knife, squeegee and film was I able to really start figuring things out. Kinda like a few years ago when I decided to do a vegi garden. I could barely plant a seed and now after some trial and error, I can now pull vegis that are worth eating.

Stans DVDs are very detailed and informative.

If I was starting out I would recommend them. People are only going to tell you so much for free on YouTube.

I have made a habit of buying any training info I run across and look at it as a sound investment in my career. I don't want to be just good enough to get by but considered one of the best in my area.

I bought them about 2 years into my tinting career. Stan does a great job of breaking down the steps in a easy to understand way and also shows footage from his retail shop so you can see it being done in real time.

Of all the DVDs ive purchased over the years his were the most comprehensive by far. He is not asking very much for them either. Buying his DVDs will be the cheapest education you will probably run across in your lifetime.

:twocents

Stans DVDs are very detailed and informative.

If I was starting out I would recommend them. People are only going to tell you so much for free on YouTube.

I have made a habit of buying any training info I run across and look at it as a sound investment in my career. I don't want to be just good enough to get by but considered one of the best in my area.

I bought them about 2 years into my tinting career. Stan does a great job of breaking down the steps in a easy to understand way and also shows footage from his retail shop so you can see it being done in real time.

Of all the DVDs ive purchased over the years his were the most comprehensive by far. He is not asking very much for them either. Buying his DVDs will be the cheapest education you will probably run across in your lifetime.

:twocents

:yeah Any others whether available today or not are usually brief in each technique presented. I have had a hand in one or two in my career and know they were not as comprehensive as they could/should have been.  :thumb

Hello Vinny,

I have seen them.  I know of no other training material which delves so deeply into each critical topic.  I lost count of how many of our customers got their start by watching Stan on DVD.  There is a reason why they call him "The Professor".

Be sure to ask Stan about the available discounts that net the cost of the DVDs down to zero.  Global/Express Films will discount your orders by 10 % until you have recovered all of your costs.

You can't go wrong.

Come visit our brand new 11,000 sq/ft Danbury warehouse and corporate HQ!  If I am in town - lunch on me!

-Howard

Thanks guys :beer

Between my tintdude discount and the discounts Howard gives .....it works out pretty good!

On the DVD's I worked for over two years breaking down the trade into the simplest steps needed to start and finish each type side window as well as all the differant steps / ways to start and compleate rear windows from easy wet forming to the more complicated steps for harder windows. The DVD Learning Library has helped so many new and experienced tinters make their work easier, faster and cleaner.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Stan

Archived