How to trim/cut rubber trim.

Think of it this way, the more you click out your olfa, the deeper the cut will be. If you are just trimming a little off the edge do one click (Red Dot Olfa) and use light pressure when cutting, the blade will find the path of least resistance. If the gaskets need to be trimmed deeper click out accordingly and add just a slight outward pressure and again it will find it's path. It is amazing how straight you can trim those when you are not forcing the cut. 

Hope that made sense.....to somebody. :hmmm

Another tip

Poke your knife every 2 feet in the gaskets to feel for glass behind it. Especially in top corners to see if glass has shifted or wasn't put in the hole even. Ive trimmed back rubber a time or two and left an air gap.  

Last resort

When that happens you can shift it yourself if you have glass cups or if its small enough have some help and pull out some other rubbers and shift it.

Or keep some extra rubber on you. Or steal some from another window not used and cut you a small piece

Wanted to thank everyone again for the help. Finished the job last week and trimming worked very well. Once I got comfortable, I just let my hand rest against the window frame as a guide and trimmed straight. And left a cleaner edge.

Archived