What is a better way to redo tint on back window ?? Any ideas

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only do removal for old 3M warranty which is not many......We stop taking removal because it is not worth it.  There are a lot of places in Houston that do removal for $50 ......I don't understand how they can charge so low for something so complicated.....

I just redid a window for a work friend of mine.  Asked him if it had purple tint and he said "i don't think so..."....lol.  It was purple.  I was able to strip it and redo it in an hour while chatting, etc.  I was pretty happy with that.  But some do suck.  I stripped out a 96 Impala SS with tint from 96.  It was all purple.  Back window came out in shards.  But I was able to strip it all out in under 2 hours.  Think I had about 6hr in the whole car.  It was for a friends mom so I didn't charge a crap ton.  Worked out.

F1.  That for a whole car?  Or just a backglass?

I would think for a whole car but even that isn't worth it to me anymore. I charge 1000.00 for removal and re tints lol, I just tell people to do it themselves and I don;t have time for that crap.

I price removal high, so i dont get many removals jobs. I just laugh thinking of those that went cheap and got stuck with a job i didnt want. I can tint a car faster and not miss calls than them scraping film breaking their back.

We only do removal for old 3M warranty which is not many......We stop taking removal because it is not worth it. There are a lot of places in Houston that do removal for $50 ......I don't understand how they can charge so low for something so complicated.....

I feel ya. Boss has removals for $60 whole car no matter the film. Telling him to charge more or stop doing it is like telling a child they can't have ice cream for dinner.

Archived