What is a better way to redo tint on back window ?? Any ideas

lol I just had a guy call over the phone just asking for a new install. He pulled up with some purple tints and the car was 4 years old. so what every other tinter will do upcharge and don't want the money to walk away. holy crap 4 hrs in removal cause purple film is brittle as hell. I used a mcclutch steamer and tint off. I tore up a few white scrubbie pads and shot my self in the foot for what I charged. I just bought an expensive adhesive remover called rapid remover lets see if the 60 sec work as it claims.

That rapid remover is nasty shiat! I used some months back with gloves and it burned a spot on top of my hand that took weeks to heal. For turd bomb removals im charging more now, which i either dont get the job or i book something else. So eithet way i win. Im so sick of people freaking out over the price for removal. Now, i tell them that removal is a nightmare more than easy and if you think i charge to much....go do it yourself and find out.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We love Rapid Remover!  It is pricey, but 100% worth it.

lol I just had a guy call over the phone just asking for a new install. He pulled up with some purple tints and the car was 4 years old. so what every other tinter will do upcharge and don't want the money to walk away. holy crap 4 hrs in removal cause purple film is brittle as hell. I used a mcclutch steamer and tint off. I tore up a few white scrubbie pads and shot my self in the foot for what I charged. I just bought an expensive adhesive remover called rapid remover lets see if the 60 sec work as it claims.

That rapid remover is nasty shiat! I used some months back with gloves and it burned a spot on top of my hand that took weeks to heal. For turd bomb removals im charging more now, which i either dont get the job or i book something else. So eithet way i win. Im so sick of people freaking out over the price for removal. Now, i tell them that removal is a nightmare more than easy and if you think i charge to much....go do it yourself and find out.

You had the item below?  I have had the product on me before and nothing every happened.  Nor does it do anything to interior or exterior of the vehicle.

Rapid_Remover__92872.1430417359.1280.128

Fact of the matter on those bubbled up, purple tinted back glass is you never really know for sure until you get started whether the adhesive has hardened like cement or if it is the type that will come away real easy-like (steam, sweating, or none at all) leaving the place smelling really bad.

The one's that come away easy and smell bad have a glue that cleans up nice with spray foam glass cleaner.

It's been said, charge high.

Steaming the cement glue purple bubble tint only helps to not go thru so many razor blades on a rear glass,,the doors scrape off sorta easy with just a razor

And it is the last time the defroster will work,,lol

The last 3 Trans am/Camero are not winter cars anyway and no antenna in there to ruin either

Normally I just Say No or the film peels off and soak the glue and scrubb it off with steel wool and white scotchbrite in 1/2hr to 1hr for $100 just for a back glass

post-40089-0-38314300-1463925356_thumb.j

post-40089-0-08106800-1463925394_thumb.j

Archived