Professional advice for someone wanting to get their car tinted

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it to the shop you KNOW the quality of the install and are happy with the film. Explain you want no scratches and take pics of the car at the shop (cya). Lots of people pull sweeps and panels :twocents if you have a problem talk with them.

Thanks for checking out tintdude

Cheers

Might just be a careless fat guy?? Who knows?? If i thought he did this a couple times i would find another shop to deal with.

Haha! Must not care because its easy to avoid scratching....no tools in belt and ext. cord over the shoulder prevents it for me.

You have to remove the door panel on the A3 or else there will be a lot of trash by the mirror on the front window and trash on the rear mirror near the rear fender.  I take care of an audi dealership and only remove door panel on the A3 because the windows on the cars are so short.  It is an Audi....door panel are a little harder to remove but so are most european vehicle. Take it to someone that do Audi or high end vehicle on a daily basic and there shouldn't be an issue.  The screw are behide the speaker grill and below the arm rest on that door panel....like other say...your install will be supppppper clean removing door panel. They should also remove the 3rd brake light or it will look like shit....

Most installer that remove door panel or bottom seal are good installer.....from my experience compare to those that don't remove them....

Techs at the Vw dealer showed me how to remove vw panels,,fast easy no broken parts,,newer ones

Still hate vw and Audi,,lol

Post the detail.....I sub out the door panel removal to my glass replacement guy because he is alway at one of our shop doing work....No one seem to be able to remove the door panel on the new VW Golf/GTI....I even try and gave up...

We charge the customer  extra for it.....but I hate them 2 cars from VW....

Archived