Please help to match my tint! Toyota 4Runner

jkc1985

so I just called my dealership again.  They said they use Solar Control Global Film.  He said they tint 4runners all the time and have really had any issues with it looking off.  

For all you professionals, would this make sense that Global Films might be able to reduce the amount of the "green/yellow" appearance?  

Also, will ceramic tints applify the yellow in the window or is it just the hue of the tint itself?

Thank you all for the information!

The back glass (privacy) is way different than the front, thats the problem. That yellow hue throws everything off. I do ALOT of new Toyota's, why they did that, who knows.

what has worked the "best" in your experience?

Global qdp

did the hues match from the inside looking out?  Is that a ceramic tint?

No, the QDP is not ceramic but they to make a QDPC which has a layer of ceramic material added to the tried and true QDP film..Same coloring superior performance :thumb

IMO from the inside looking out the back factory glass looks like it has a bit of blue too it.

We have tried probably 50 different films from cheap cheap cheap to super expensive and have yet to find anything close for color match from the inside looking out.  There just isn't anything available. :twocents

Edited by TTS

Global qdp

did the hues match from the inside looking out?  Is that a ceramic tint?

No, the QDP is not ceramic but they to make a QDPC which has a layer of ceramic material added to the tried and true QDP film..Same coloring superior performance :thumb

IMO from the inside looking out the back factory glass looks like it has a bit of blue too it.

We have tried probably 50 different films from cheap cheap cheap to super expensive and have yet to find anything close for color match from the inside looking out.  There just isn't anything available. :twocents

Was Global pretty close? As in you have to look really hard to notice?

I was on the 4Runner forum and some have been saying 3M Premium FX matched perfect.