2015 Mustang Convertible

Dakota21601

F1,,all the older stang convertibles the rear glass glued on the top and the outside of the glass is bigger and when I put a 1in strip of black vinyl across the top edge it hides the daylight and doesn't look crappy and no painting or paint pens that don't apply very good til solution is dry

Oracle 751 or 3m 220 are prem vinyl and a 15in by 30ft roll would do a lot of strips that just 2 prem vinyls or you can buy a 1.5-2in rolls probly

It is used for lettering on whatever,,truck doors that say joebobs landscaping+snowplowing or whatever they want to say across the top of the windshield or rear glass and it lasts even when the wipers hit it for a while,,skinny letters don't hold up to good with wipers or a ice scraper would chop the vinyl

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay.  think I am gonna get me some puffy paint for sure but one other question.  I looked at the car tonight.  Not too worried about anything on it except getting to the rear window.  Do the back seats flip down?  I didn't see any release in the car or in the trunk like my Civic unless it's in an unusual spot or something.  What are you guys doing if not?

I do them with the seats as is. Looks like your the same age and a leo. Awesome! You'll be fine. I do pull the screw behind the interior door handle, pull the panel back and remove rubber gasket. I would also file the top edge for a factory appearance.

But is flippin them down even an option?  Im kinda long and lanky.  Any room is appreciated. Lol.

Sorry. The convertibles do not fold. :sorry Big metal encasement in the trunk for the top. So, think limber. :heh

Thanks Bham......for telling me what I didn't want to hear....lol.  Guess I will give it a shot either way.  I gave her a heads up on the rear window cut situation and what it might entail.  She said she wasn't that anal about it.  So I guess it's a good one to try first....lol.

Archived