2015 Mustang Convertible

Dakota21601

3 hours ago, TTS said:

We used that for a while..  It was difficult for us to get it totally black and lay perfectly flat...  Then when it cured it seemed to scrape off the glass without too much effort.

SiKa makes a 2 part matrix spray that mimicks the factory black border material..  On classic cars we will do the glass out of the car, mask a border and spray then tint when dry..  Looks like modern car glass and super durable! 

i'll have to look into that. always down for a new trick!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/25/2016 at 11:03 AM, PoopcornPoppers said:

A little late to the party on this one but oh well. Easy car, just have to be careful with the defroster tabs, they like to pop off the window in my experience. And can't just replace the window have to get a whole new top (found out the hard way on that one)

Damn just had my first major issue with a car. I read this and was like I'm going to take it smooth popping the connection out and got one off and the 2nd broke off the window. Fml!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Crazydays01 said:

Damn just had my first major issue with a car. I read this and was like I'm going to take it smooth popping the connection out and got one off and the 2nd broke off the window. Fml!!!!!!!!!

If you smoke on down to your local auto parts store you can buy a permatex kit for re-attaching defroster tabs.  They are just glued on the window with a conductive adhesive...   I think the kits are 12-15 bucks and will do both tabs...    Good luck dude !

Fixed it with exactly what you said. One of my buddies owns a interior customization shop for classic cars and he said always keep it in your box. You never know. The customer was informed about the tab because there was a slight discoloration on the glass. But sure beats $1100 for a new top installed. 

Archived