True is you are two staging it... pull the bottom sweeps and bottom drop it, no creases.   Just have to find your way to maneuver the film with the least amount of stress to avoid these issues. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started poping tops of panels and pulling sweeps. Some cars have larger side seals which I was 2 staging them to find out its damn near imposible to 2 stage some newer cars with wider side seals.  I just done a jetta that gave me hell because of the felt which I had to mask off and larger side seal. when 2 staging I noticed you always get a lil crease you need to work out. I called a guy I know that also tints he told me to drop it 1 piece you will never 2 stage again.  So I did and wow never again 2 stage unless I have to.  

But......From time to time I will get a wierd crease in various spots on the film that need to be worked out for example on this jetta the top left corner of the back window I did it in 35% which you can see a ripple through the tint but the out side on angles you cant see any silver marking which is water or air is inbetween the film. I tried to push it down with a popcicle stick and it look like it mashed the film. now after the car sat under the sun the crease started to go away  to where it looked better. I wish I had taked a picture but I'm sure it's nothing new.  What do you tinters do for something like that?

Then the 2nd Issue was after tinting a window I will get a few silver spots with no debris in them after the car has been out side drying for 15 min. I take my popsicle stick and bam gone how do you prevent them to where I have to do no touch up. I had more when I used the blue max I just switched over the a red blade which is super soft but gets a lot of water out and helps tack the film faster so I can position it. 

I just retinted my 88' Mustang 5.0. If theres a rollup that has to be bottom loaded this is it. Ive tinted this car so many timed and it can be almost impossible to avoid creases by the mirror and the tall side when tucking the film. Bottom dropping was like laying an easy 1/4 glass surrounded by a matrix. Zero touch up this way!

post-23486-0-03752400-1466714492_thumb.j

post-23486-0-87164900-1466714504_thumb.j

post-40613-0-44196300-1467124340_thumb.jI was just paying attention to my plotter. I have a catch net at the bottom the longer the pieces sometimes it fights to roll up. Anybody use a plotter on here.  here is my red squeege this is my cleaner and my installer super soft. 

Archived