WF Chat

More efficient glass is being utilized so the a/c units are not working so hard, thus better mpg.

Hi Tom, there is a damage on the glass surface in the dark photo that I enclosed. That photo was taken to reflect the damages on the glass when a tint is changed or removed. The application of these heat-reduction coatings on the interior of automotive glass, by glass manufacturers, looks set to affect our trade.

I'm certain it will.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see you FilmT Poon

Hi Prof,

Lately, I have been trying to negotiate for the opportunity to be the first to tint a driverless car to better identify the precautionary measures for the onboard electronics and devices. 

and I think you will beat me to that.  :passout

Glad to see you FilmT Poon

Hi Prof,

Lately, I have been trying to negotiate for the opportunity to be the first to tint a driverless car to better identify the precautionary measures for the onboard electronics and devices. 

and I think you will beat me to that.  :passout

Way above my pay grade :twocents You da mang!

So a metalized film is the only type of film that will truly make this glass better?

Metal on the sides and Ceramic on back glass with antenna.

We can apply both metallized or ceramic films on this glass but the surface will be damage during replacement, effectively wiping out aftermarket demand for automotive films.

"Disruptor" OR "Disruptive Innovation" - New Technologies that disrupts an existing market and value network

Another car with such glass-coating just entered my shop, as we speak 

35ku49i.jpg

So a metalized film is the only type of film that will truly make this glass better?

Metal on the sides and Ceramic on back glass with antenna.

We can apply both metallized or ceramic films on this glass but the surface will be damage during replacement, effectively wiping out aftermarket demand for automotive films.

"Disruptor" OR "Disruptive Innovation" - New Technologies that disrupts an existing market and value network

Another car with such glass-coating just entered my shop, as we speak 

:yeah 

A similar surface coating technology to the anti-fog found on Lexus and high end Toyota's or better yet, those coatings used on architectural glass. It is destroyed once film is applied and removed.

Applying film will bump performance however, if you relate it to applying architectural products to hi-performance lowE glass, you get a better understand ing of how little the 'bump' is.

A similar surface coating technology to the anti-fog found on Lexus and high end Toyota's or better yet, those coatings used on architectural glass. It is destroyed once film is applied and removed.

Thanks for sharing.

I suppose most anti-fog coatings will lose their effectiveness after two winters?

I have been thinking... ...

the price of tinting a car hardly increased in the past 10-20 years from where I am from

But rentals and overheads had probably doubled or tripled and window films keeps getting better, with longer longevity and better heat reduction.

Archived