advice on the older DODGE RAMS WITH SHIFTING GLASS?!

I had a dodge ram those that the window shifts when you roll it down.. how the heck to i cut this? Was suuuuuch a pain in the ass. Luckily it was my friends and told him id work on it during the week.

Have an older dodge ram. The ones were the glass shifts when you roll it down.... how the heck should i cut it? Its my 1st one ever.. thanks for any help

Like an other member said, use a marker for a guide on where to cut the film(With the window all the way up). What he did fail to explain is to try using a factory edge of the film towards the bottom of the glass and drop it down some before cutting the top edge so the film gets tucked in below the rubber when the film is installed. Something else you can do is place your film as if you are ready to cut, if cutting on the outside, make your first cut on the mirror side. After your first cut, slide your film towards the mirror about an half an inch making sure the factory edge of the films stays even with the lower gasket.  Make your cut on the opposite side of the frame. After that cut is made, reposition the film center between the 2 side gaskets (make sure the window is all the way roller up) and roll the window down to make your top cut. After all the cuts are done and the film is on your peal board(assuming you are using one) roll the window all the way up. Once the window is all the way up into it's original position, use a grease pencil or a dry erase marker and mark the edge of the glass by the gaskets on the outside so you know how far the film needs to extend when you roll the window slightly down to install the film just to make sure there isn't any light gaps after the film is in the proper place once installed and the window is rolled up. Hope that made sense! 

Have an older dodge ram. The ones were the glass shifts when you roll it down.... how the heck should i cut it? Its my 1st one ever.. thanks for any help

Hope that made sense!

:blink. So I insert tab A into slot 4.... And then what again? :krazy

:spit:poke

Archived