Guys, I have been looking at doing some billboard or radio advertising for some time.  We do tons of paid advertisements like Google Adwords, Facebook, and Yelp which is very successful.  Either route can be more expensive than the other depending on location/radio station/time lengths.  Wanted to hear from anyone that has done either and the results they experiences.

Granted this was 10 years back, but i was looking at some radio spots. My father in law at the time owned a large nation wide hvac franchise. They did study's on the effectiveness of all types of advertising including radio.I can't remember the specifics but in order to get a good return the customer had to hear your spot X-times day, over an X-time period, and a bunch of other stuff. At the end of the day I would not even be close to getting a good return on investment. I also have always remembererd that they found brand marketing, as in just getting people to hear your company name in a an add does not work in traditional marketing unless you are one the the big company's like Mcdonalds, coke, pepsi ect: Doesn't mean it doesn't work for some. But in general that was his consensus.

Granted this was 10 years back, but i was looking at some radio spots. My father in law at the time owned a large nation wide hvac franchise. They did study's on the effectiveness of all types of advertising including radio.I can't remember the specifics but in order to get a good return the customer had to hear your spot X-times day, over an X-time period, and a bunch of other stuff. At the end of the day I would not even be close to getting a good return on investment. I also have always remembererd that they found brand marketing, as in just getting people to hear your company name in a an add does not work in traditional marketing unless you are one the the big company's like Mcdonalds, coke, pepsi ect: Doesn't mean it doesn't work for some. But in general that was his consensus.

Thanks, that is why I have held off for so long.  Just not sure if we will get a full return on investment.

Make your own billboard adv with a enclosed trailer or a van? all lettered or wrapped and park it in good places

I have to tint a mustang for the guy were mine is parked now=Across the busy street(best in my area/the street)from my shop,lol,,car dealer next door rented the front lawn of the property I am at=basterd,,it was good before

Radio advertising only works when the advertiser commits to a long term radio advertising campaign.  A successful radio campaign should last no less than one year. If one were to only attempt radio for  3-6 months they would be better served to take that money and spend it on PowerBall.  :twocents

Archived