Sharpie markers

I have a colored pack and liked the green. For those few windows that can shift very easily i put a piece of tape along the gasket on the outside. This way as you position the film you can check the outside before locking the film down. Nothing worse than not realizing the window shifted and having a huge gap on one side after rolling it up.

When having to cut film by hand I will use black markers and even use the same thing when needed to mark on the outside of the glass by the gaskets while the window is all the way up so I know where the film needs to be before locking it down on the inside. 

I loved silver sharpies for making patterns! But switched to white grease pencil, or just mailing a little scratch on the film with my knife. The sharpies are great but I was going through them like no other cause as soon as you get water on them they dry out funny it seemed.

Archived