I think the problem is the title...it sounds as if you are having a constant issues versus a 1 time issue.  I had a defective roll of Huper Optik and a defective roll of Llumar flat glass.  So it happens with all brands the same way car manufactures have lemons.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/25/2016 at 6:28 PM, quality tintz said:

llumar (PS adhesive film) reverse roll, how do ya deal with that ...

Pretty simple:

1) Don't leave the SRC saturate by leaving sit on wet glass. Cut the pattern and flip it to stay in place, liner toward wet glass until ready to peel liner. The SRC is hydroscopic (absorbs water like a sponge). EDIT: As it absorbs water it expands like a sponge and exacerbates even the mildest of curl toward the liner.

2) On roll ups ... cut horizontally at the top one third of the excess left to edge and then right to edge, leaving about one third uncut in the middle. These tabs will hang over to the inside of the door as a counter weight during pattern cutting. When finished (see # 1 above). 

If placing on a peel board, do so with liner side to wet glass until ready to peel liner.

I switched from Solar Gard (after 13 years) to LLumar and simply developed the above habits. It became second nature in no time.

No need to lie...it was weird thought it was me scratching it then looked on the roll same line defect .....I'm not bashing them I love this carbon fx just seems like I been getting these little defects lately ....

I call BS. :bs When exactly did you receive your CarbonFX?? Because I seriously thought you just asked if it was any good, just a few days ago?

I have never seen the type of defect you are talking about. Besides,, any roll can have problems. Either in the film itself, or due to the rolling process.

Explain please.

llumar (PS adhesive film) reverse roll, how do ya deal with that ...

Pretty simple:

1) Don't leave the SRC saturate by leaving sit on wet glass. Cut the pattern and flip it to stay in place, liner toward wet glass until ready to peel liner. The SRC is hydroscopic (absorbs water like a sponge). EDIT: As it absorbs water it expands like a sponge and exacerbates even the mildest of curl toward the liner.

2) On roll ups ... cut horizontally at the top one third of the excess left to edge and then right to edge, leaving about one third uncut in the middle. These tabs will hang over to the inside of the door as a counter weight during pattern cutting. When finished (see # 1 above).

If placing on a peel board, do so with liner side to wet glass until ready to peel liner.

I switched from Solar Gard (after 13 years) to LLumar and simply developed the above habits. It became second nature in no time.

You are the smartest person I know when it comes to tinting or film. How are you not employed with one of the film company? I always have to read your post twice or 3 times just to understand 10% of it.. LMAO. If there was a tinting lvl you are prob lvl 100 while I'm at 8.5. All your post are awesome!

No need to lie...it was weird thought it was me scratching it then looked on the roll same line defect .....I'm not bashing them I love this carbon fx just seems like I been getting these little defects lately ....

I call BS. :bs When exactly did you receive your CarbonFX?? Because I seriously thought you just asked if it was any good, just a few days ago?

I have never seen the type of defect you are talking about. Besides,, any roll can have problems. Either in the film itself, or due to the rolling process.

Explain please.

It was off sample roll received two already...vintage and carbon fx had defect bro...no bs here...before that. My Johnson rage roll had weird defects like little hairs. weird have good blessed week....

Sooo exactly what are you tired of? Receiving free samples rollls and then complaining about them?? A small defect here or there coming from a huge master roll of film, is nothing to complain about. It is going to happen with the best of films. Just like those little hairs from the cut down process.

How can you be tired of defects, when it sounds like you just started working with window film? If you had a line across your install, shouldn't you have seen that during the install process?

On 7/25/2016 at 10:24 PM, Stewy said:

You are the smartest person I know when it comes to tinting or film. How are you not employed with one of the film company? I always have to read your post twice or 3 times just to understand 10% of it.. LMAO. If there was a tinting lvl you are prob lvl 100 while I'm at 8.5. All your post are awesome!

:err

Archived