I would like your professional review of this wrap job

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant believe the cost of the vinyl :bdog And people bulk at the cost of a ppf wrap...

Regarding the install if the vinyl has been cut (and it looks like it has) then the paintwork is definitely in need of inspection. I would need to have the film removed and check the trimmed areas for cuts in the paint. For the price you have paid I would expect a hell of a lot better fit and finish around the edges. Lifting happens and is part the downside of trying to wrap every edge but to be honest that is the least of your worries. I would also expect the corners to be radiused to lessen the chance of lifting when being washed and dried. How long did the job take?

Steve

:popcorn This is going to be a good thread to watch.  I feel bad for OP and his car. I must be way low on my pricing.

Agreed, this is one of those nightmares that wake me up in the middle of the night but then I remember I don't put out work like that  :lol  Almost the same as that dream where I look up on my motorcycle and see the car in front of me is stopped  :driving

Price is not bad for a good install but on the lower end for my area.

People have written me asking who did this work. I will give the shop the opportunity to make good on this without me spilling the beans. I too am in an industry with clients that have certain expectations, and sometimes shit happens. But fool me once...

So what was the verdict? Did you have chance to meet with them?

I'm conversing with the manager. He admitted that this is not up to their standards. I appreciated that.

I will give them the opportunity to correct this to my satisfaction. That means that that car needs to be restored to the condition it was in when I delivered it to them:

• All of the film needs to removed as there isn’t a single satisfactory application on any body panel, and the current film is obscuring potential paint damage.
  • Any damage to the paint needs to be repaired at their cost.
  • Damaged OEM stripes need to be replaced at their cost, including those that might be damaged by removing the film or repairing the paint.
As agreed, the immediate next step is to remove the film to inspect underneath and understand the extent of any paint and stripe damage.

I will be present during the film removal this Friday to document the condition of the car. All steps after that will depend on what we find under the film.

Archived