I would like your professional review of this wrap job

Like I mentioned I can't zoom in for some reason so I am unable to see the cuts clearly on the stripes

As for the kit in question maybe they trimmed after the fact or stretched poorly along the edges but I'm pretty positive the picture of the top portion of the bumper next to the headlights is exactly how the kit looks.

Regardless it sucks you had this problem and hopefully it resolves in a timely manner with your best interests in mind

Please note that if they did in fact hand trim it is most likely if they cut the stripes they cut the paint

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can easily see there was a lot of hand trimming on that job. For $5300 it should be MUCH better. I am sure they did the hood in one piece and when the film wouldn't lay along the edge of the stripes ($3400 for those stripes is RIDICULOUS by the way... that's pretty cheap vinyl) they hand trimmed it to get it to lay without the air "gap" showing. That car is a fairly easy car to wrap and should not have those issues. Hope they resolve it for you.

I can easily see there was a lot of hand trimming on that job. For $5300 it should be MUCH better. I am sure they did the hood in one piece and when the film wouldn't lay along the edge of the stripes ($3400 for those stripes is RIDICULOUS by the way... that's pretty cheap vinyl) they hand trimmed it to get it to lay without the air "gap" showing. That car is a fairly easy car to wrap and should not have those issues. Hope they resolve it for you.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the crazy one. I guess I'm glad to hear that I'm not.

Regarding the "I am sure they did the hood in one piece and when the film wouldn't lay along the edge of the stripes": there are gaps between the pieces over each section. Maybe they laid it in one piece and cut out a strip by hand where the stripe meets the paint.

Yes, $3400 is an absurd price for vinyl, but that's indeed what it costs from Ford.

GM is the same way with their stripes. I am not a vinyl guy but all of my vehicles have been wrapped and so I am familiar with the better vinyl's that are out there. For the price of that car they should be painted. I had my entire Jeep SRT8 wrapped for that price.

Archived