Solar gard ppf feedback? Preference precut patterns

We've had many problems with Suntek's ppf department. Not the ppf itself. Their department frequently forgets to include pieces from the kits we order or they come in bad shape (creases,exposed and partially peeled pieces) unusable. So we are looking for a different company and product. Anybody use Solar gard's yet? We're looking for feedback on a mani's pre-cut patterns and film itself. We like how Xpel's installs and the patterns are great, but they're ridiculous expensive. Who do you guy's like?

Hi Gary,

Give your XPEL rep a call.  We just slashed our wholesale kit prices in the U.S.  I think you'll actually find our kits more affordable than what you may have been paying!

Cheers,

Jeff

Hello

I have been installing PPF for a few years now and am a dealer with Solar Gard and XPEL. I do a few installs a month, 2-3. The two biggest difference I can tell on both is that XPEL does have nicer patterns (we know that already) but with SG it cuts easier when you have to do any trimming. With XPEL I feel as if I have to dig deeper with my blade to get it to cut, as with SG, I have to dig but it's easier. Other than that you have to put them side by side to be able to tell any difference in texture which is extremely minimal, XPEL having a smoother one and XPEL has the self healing top coat up to .5mils deep. SG doesnt promote that but it will to a small degree, I tried it. XPEL has a 10yr warranty and SG had a 7yr.

So if you don't want to purchase XPEL, SG is a great product in my opinion. What I do is I quote both materials and let the customer make the decision how much they want to spend. I only install kits with both companies.

Hope this helps.

Gary, are you in the U.S.? Our precut pricing is barely over Sq ft pricing on film (which is pretty close among all brands). I'd like to find out if you have the right info. Shoot me an email at jphillips@xpel.com.

Archived