be careful with scraping blades

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the gator blade method and may start incorporating it into my routine. I have always used a single edge blade, 3ven on brand new cars. I only use 1 blade per car unless its an r&r of course. A box of 100 blades is like $4.00. So, they are very inexpensive.

Razor blades cause more damage than they are worth.

I banned my employees from using them many years ago, except for sticker removal or R&R's

Any hard card will be a good replacement, I use either a yellow conqueror or a Gold Card. These won't take off the real stuck on stuff, but they 'click' when they hit something that needs another look at.

A hit with a white scrubbie, squeegee and away you go...

tried plastic blades, maybe I should give them another look.  have yet to scratch with a stainless but have been using the same one for a month.  for the old crusty sticker removal, just a touch of heat and they come right off

Agreed on the SS.

The plastic blades I linked have sharper edges than their competitor (also sold by 44tools). They do break easier which only taught me to lighten up (pardon the pun).

Archived