Has anyone started Tinting from a big storage unit?

Yea the fact that it has no bathroom would be a killer just for that I thought about doing appointments only. Have any of y'all ran off of appointments only? Idk how big the bay is but it's big enough to fit a rv in there. For only $295 a month it isn't bad. It's just the fact that's it's 15 miles out of the city limit but the good thing is it's on a major Hwy I would say.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are good to go. No license needed. use or get your business liability insurance (about 800 a year here) incase you burn up a car with a heat gun. I pay for what I work on. I have one million a year for 800 every six months. Do pickup valet and delivery and everything is golden. If you are picking up vehicles (get a transport plate). It means you can drive that vehicle on the streets and it is insured. Plates here are 120 for the initial registration and 10 bucks a year. Like a dealer plate. Do it, it's amazing out there. Doesn't matter where you install, what matters is it is right and customers are happy

Been doing yachts for over 15 years, think they care what the location looks like?

Cheers

All our jobs are off appointments. People don't have time to wait for 2 hours off the bat. They will always schedule for a day thats convenient to them. Also, you control EVERYTHING, if you don't want to do a car right there and then, you don't have to.

The rent is very nice and size is awesome,,but is there at least a spigot for a water hose to rinse/wash off dusty cars outside and maybe rinse/wash your hands?,,you can squeegee the floor for the small amount of water from tinting

And I know Texas is a warmer state but I seen snow flakes and 40s in Dallas and is there a furnace?

Hopefully there is a place that will let you use their bathroom nearby? Lol

and you can bring a bunch of gal jugs of water maybe

I don't really know too much about it. I never seen it in person I did an inquire about it a few weeks ago. What brought me back to it was I was supposed to get another one at another location but the man rented the one out and offered me a smaller one. I put the deposit on just so he can hold and I continued my search. I'm going to see this one in about 6 hours the only thing I don't like about it is that it's not here in Tyler it's more on the noonday side but on that note it's on a ride with a lot of traffic. So I guess it weighs it self out. Just depends how you look at it.

I don't really know too much about it. I never seen it in person I did an inquire about it a few weeks ago. What brought me back to it was I was supposed to get another one at another location but the man rented the one out and offered me a smaller one. I put the deposit on just so he can hold and I continued my search. I'm going to see this one in about 6 hours the only thing I don't like about it is that it's not here in Tyler it's more on the noonday side but on that note it's on a ride with a lot of traffic. So I guess it weighs it self out. Just depends how you look at it.

sounds like youre trying to make something happen man! hope it all works out for you! think about everything you need for the job, and if theres something youre missing find an alternative. 

cheers my friend!

Archived