DAP patterns soon only for Xpel PPF users?

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:11 PM, OZinstaller said:

Bit misleading isn't it? I assume you cant just use 3M's software with out using their film (*free). By free you mean 'buy our film and you get the software for free' and id imagine there would be a certain quota to buy per month to allow this. This is the same with Suntek, the PDF you show has it for free also but again they don't just hand it out for free.

Hey Pro-tect, How do you find the fitment of the Suntek kits, I assume they are good considering you do a lot of work and have satisfied customers? I am looking to get into PPF over here but want the freedom to have multiple films without the overhead of multiple software's. Setup my business model and run my business how I want, instead of being dictated by big corporations. Now that's a novel thought isn't it.....

Overall I like their patterns. I do occasionally have issues with them being over sized. I was using DAP for a backup but after their new billing format kicked in and now that they are a local competitor I dropped them altogether. I am getting set up on the PremiumShield software Monday morning. I have also been testing out their Elite film and REALLY like it. So I will carry both films and have both databases to access. I will update on how their patterns fit as I will probably use them quiet a bit initially to see how well the kits are designed... and to get the software down.

There will be subtle difference in kit design philosophy between us and any other program. Just keep an open mind, and give it a chance.

If you have any issues at all, our two Pattern Managers (Adam and Chris) will be available anytime to discuss.

We look forward to your feedback...

1 minute ago, PremiumShield Brett said:

There will be subtle difference in kit design philosophy between us and any other program. Just keep an open mind, and give it a chance.

If you have any issues at all, our two Pattern Managers (Adam and Chris) will be available anytime to discuss.

We look forward to your feedback...

I haven't gotten a chance to try the demo just yet. what would you mean by subtle differences? Are there a lot of full car patterns? Last question is do all the kits get test fitted. I'm not gonna name any software companies I've used in the past, but some patterns just waste film when i install the film and remove it from being unsatisfied with either the lack of coverage or the fitment.

19 hours ago, blackoutauto said:

I haven't gotten a chance to try the demo just yet. what would you mean by subtle differences? Are there a lot of full car patterns? Last question is do all the kits get test fitted. I'm not gonna name any software companies I've used in the past, but some patterns just waste film when i install the film and remove it from being unsatisfied with either the lack of coverage or the fitment.

By subtle differences I mean the location of semas, relief cuts or just the general shape of certain pieces. If you give them a chance, I'm confident you will like them!

All our our patterns are drawn by Matrix employees. We do not "sub out" pattern drawing, nor do we buy patterns from 3rd party sources. Each employee test fits their pattern before submitting and uploading it to the database. If it is off, they face internal ramifications! 

Our GM for pattern drawing (Adam) is always accessible by cell phone, so he makes sure everything fits because he doesn't want to be yelled at:)

Just a quick add to this topic. Looks like this is the norm with pretty much all film company's now. If you want to use their software, you have to buy their film.I went back to using Xpel Ultimate in about August. I have been using Suntek pretty exclusively for years now. I had the Suntek rep stop in the other day to say hi and see why I haven't ordered in a while.We chatted and I let her know that I had gone back to using Xpel for reasons I won't go into now. She was very nice, and Suntek has always had good customer service. She did inform me at the end of the conversation that she would have to discontinue my Trucut if I didn't plan to be using Suntek . That's fine because I use DAP and just kept Trucut as a back up. Not upset about it. Just looks like this is going to be the norm." Want our software use our film."