DAP patterns soon only for Xpel PPF users?

1 hour ago, AWS50M said:

I am in the UK and has this been confirmed and in place or are there ways as a consumer my dealer can use the Excel template for another film?

Appreciate any comments, Thanks 

Nope, I am also in the UK and was paying Xpel a monthly access fee plus meterage, the first I knew about it was when I went to access DAP and found I could no longer get in, no phone call, letter or email explaining the situation just pulled the plug on me. I can see why, they are haemorrhaging dealers to other films and want to tie them in to their film by the software. This is why I learnt to design my own patterns, I can pick and choose what film I want to use and the company with the best customer service and although Xpel film is good I believe Suntek is just as good if not better with less orange peel but easier to install, Premiumshield is as good but with far superior customer service with them bending over backwards to help the dealer rather than expect the dealer to come to them cap in hand and beg to use their product. I would rather work with a supplier than for one. I hasten to add these are my experiences of the UK PPF scene.

Where are you in the UK AWS50M?

Steve

On 2/18/2017 at 0:53 AM, flat rock stan said:

How much does Xsmell charge for DAP? 

The cost varies by region, dependent on the cost to develop a complete database for that market and the level of film sales to offset the expense.

In a place like Europe where the cost to develop a new database from scratch is extremely high, it is tied to film purchasing (patterning/software is essentially a money losing business in emerging markets, so it must be supported by film sales to avoid an unreasonable software cost).

You are not required to buy XPEL film to use DAP software in the U.S. (heck, we even let distributors of some other brands of film use it).  

Interesting and understandable when you put it like that although im sure you can see how different sets of rules for one place and not another can get peoples backs out.

Doesnt seem to explain Australia, There is next to Zilch Australian cars in the database. I was looking into DAP to consolidate a few other databases that i use and checked it out at another detail place when on a trip. Was impressed but the lack of Australia cars meant i needed to keep other databases anyway. From what i have read on here Australia will be in the same boat as Europe but clearly not for the costs to create a new database when it is just broadcasting what is already there. Makes me think it is to try and get people to have to use your films in 'emerging markets'....

I would have liked to use DAP but by the sounds of it i cant. I guess i dont need to since i have never had a customer complain about fitment of the kits i cut from other databases. I guess you have to ask yourselves, now with film choice becoming less of an issue due to brands getting closer are you that confident that your designs are needed that much that people will convert.

I wouldnt mind adding XPEL to my range except the film pricing in Australia is ridiculous, have heard its even more expensive with the new distributor and you seem to have chosen a distributor that hasnt got the greatest Rep. Again i have no great need to and i think you forget there are many installers that also have no need to, so you are missing out on monthly DAP fees from them.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, XPEL Jeff said:

The cost varies by region, dependent on the cost to develop a complete database for that market and the level of film sales to offset the expense.

In a place like Europe where the cost to develop a new database from scratch is extremely high, it is tied to film purchasing (patterning/software is essentially a money losing business in emerging markets, so it must be supported by film sales to avoid an unreasonable software cost).

You are not required to buy XPEL film to use DAP software in the U.S. (heck, we even let distributors of some other brands of film use it).  

Well now XPEL has instituted the cut bank/cut credit system here in the US. I was only given ten days notice.

I guess STEK and Suntek are taking a huge portion of XPEL's profits.

Seems like an act of desperation to me.

I use Xpel's DAP as a backup only seeing how the cost is so high. But I primarily install Suntek film. You might look at Premium Shield as you pay a one time fee for their database and that's it. Not sure why they can do that and Xpel cant. As from other experiences in the past Xpel is all about the bottom line and there is no loyalty there to the installer. That's the biggest reason why I have a hard time doing business with them.