Question for anyone currently using SolarFX

Hey Everybody, This week I will be restocking my entire inventory with SolarFX. I've heard really good things about this film and the film I'm currently using scratches way to easily! This question is for anyone who has experience with SolarFX.I'm Looking to be able to give people different options price wise. You know the ol' good, bettter, best routine. If you had to pick 3 film types that they offer for that sales pitch What would you recommend? I'd appreciate the feedback!! Thanks

I've used a few of the lines so I'll give you my opinion. Couple different options you have.

1) vintage- lifetime warranty not coolie stable

2) carbon or ultra- lifetime color stable warranty

3)fxtreme2- lifetime color stable warranty plus added heat rejection

Second three options

1) carbon/ultra

2) Hybridfx dyed metal hybrid with some added heat rejection

3) Fxtreme ceramic

Looking at your profile you're in Maryland. I may would be ok offering the first option there as you may not get a ton of customers that are concerned about heat. Then the advantage would be getting people to upgrade if they plan on keeping the car longer than 3 or 4 years. That would get them into your middle line at a pretty good upsell. Then have the ceramic for the top of the line customers that want the most bang for their buck. You'll also need to invest in or build a heat lamp display to really help drive those ceramic sells. I personally only buy color stable film and currently do not offer a middle line. If I were to offer it I would use the second option for me personally. We're in sorta different climates though.

thanks for the advice dude. Yea The winter months in Maryland really screws with business sometimes on the heat rejection point. I try to really push it anyways though because lord knows it gets HOT AS HELL here in the summer. Damn humidity in Maryland makes you feel like you're in a sauna. Ill probably still go with the second option though. I'm with you man, I don't like selling film that isn't color-stable. Thanks buddy :thumb

During winter we market the higher heat rejection films will help retain the heat in the vehicle which then offer the same benefits as the summertime with their HVAC system working more efficiently and cutting down on fuel consumption.  Then of coarse remind them how soon it will be warm again.  I would also go with the 2nd setup above, just to be on the safe side.

Yea im gonna go with the UltraFX. I've read a ridiculous amount of good reviews so I gotta try this stuff out.

I'm probably going:

CarbonFX-Good

UltraFX-Better

Nano-Ceramic-Best

Really looking forward to working with SolarFX. I've heard nothing but great things about their film and their customer service. Thanks for the help guys! always appreciated.

Ahh yea man you're absolutely right! Instead of the Carbon I should go with the High Performance. Dude I've NEVER had a customer complain about their GPS not working or any kind of signal interference from electronics in the car after putting on Metallized film.

I'll also be following this thread as I'm also switching my inventory for SolarFX but so far have only switched my lower end film to Vintage and am Interested in what others are doing.

For those of you that use UltraFX how do you like the color? Or compared to CarbonFX?

I was personally thinking of doing 4 lines of SolarFX films. My goal is to try and increase my profits with a slightly different pricing model than I am currently using. But I realize I might lose out on keeping it simpler with just 3 choices? Please let me know what you think.

I was thinking of doing:

Vintage (Standard lifetime warranty) - for my cheapest customers

CarbonFX or UltraFX (Premium lifetime warranty, color stable)

HybridFX  (Premium lifetime warranty, color stable, high performance) - for those seeking higher heat rejection but don't quite want to pay for ceramic

FXtreme (Nano-ceramic, premium lifetime warranty)

The reason I think this might work for me is because right now I'm able to upsell most of my customers out of the standard dyed film for my HP film. I want to slightly increase profits by upselling more customers out of the standard film to a color stable film and/or the HP film (for slightly higher than I am currently getting for it).

What do you guys think?  

Archived