Wet Check?

Guest Foogoo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to wet check for a number of reason. Most of the time there is very little (if any) additional heat shrinking required. However, it is much easier for me to trim the back glass with the film laying smoothly on the window. Just me :DD!

TTC :barf

Guest Sprinter

yes thank goodness like ttc it's so much eaiser to see when cutting the film if its laying flat against the glass!

amen to the porta cable, makitas kick butt!

yes the difference between powder and sheets is that when done and done properly with sheets the flim will be flat as a pancake when done shrinking.

here's the last pic I took of a taurus with powder and it has not been wet checked yet.

Guest Sprinter

your right protint, except I'm tinting outside and if the wind picks up bye bye tint so wet checking keeps the film from flying away, also I find it easier to cut when I can see clearly through the tint .

Looking at the pic sprinter I would not wet check that.  When you dry shrink with sheets it lays flatter than that?

yes when you USe BOUNCE Or Dryer SHeets. YOU get the Result the same result as you see in sprinters pic. But when you USe Baby Powder you get the result as TTS posted in his THread about DMC when he was showing the back glass with the TOP SHrunk.

IN OTHER WORDs. WHEN YOU USE DRYERSHEETS/ENDUST you dont need to WEt check wheather If you are using GLoves or HARD CARD.

WHEN you use Baby powder and you gloved it you need to Wet CHeck. I DOnt know about the HArd Card on BABY POWDER I NEver DID IT with HARD CARD.

BUT THE END RESULT IS THE SAME. CUZ ITS DRY SHRINKING. :lol6

Guest Tint Masters

Sometimes I wet check, sometimes I dont :rock I think its the weather down here, sometimes the film will stay like it was wet shaped sometimes not :lol6

Also if the glass has over-sray I have to wet check it. Ill try and scrap the next few to see what happens :lol6

Archived