Armolan vs Xpel ceramic

5 minutes ago, TINT said:

If you know who makes armolan then you should know who makes xpel:thumb

Im in the dark but does 3m make it?  All I know about Xpel is the lawsuit with 3m and that the Xpel stock price is up from around a buck to a buck fifty in the last few months since I started following it on my CNBC stock tracker. Wish I had bought it earlier but I guess it's not to late to make some money from it. Don't even know if the lawsuit is over or not, should do some reading! 

I need to contact Xpel about their PPF training in San Antonio. Been procrastinating for a couple months now about setting a date to go and up my

skilz. Also wanting to attend the 3m training in Seattle since it's close to me. Been talking to @Stewy about the Dub PPF training but that's another one I need to learn about. I really want to do several training programs and then go to Georgia and work a week or so with a friend I taught to tint in my training program about ten years ago for more. He specializes in full PPF wraps on high end cars so I think I better be prepared not to screw anything up. Only formal training I have done was with 3m way back in the beginning of the business.

Garware/Global produces @Armolan but ...... Am I right with who makes film for Xpel?   Sorry I'm out of the loop on this and the long post!

cheers mang :beer 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, flat rock stan said:

Im in the dark but does 3m make it?  All I know about Xpel is the lawsuit with 3m and that the Xpel stock price is up from around a buck to a buck fifty in the last few months since I started following it on my CNBC stock tracker. Wish I had bought it earlier but I guess it's not to late to make some money from it. Don't even know if the lawsuit is over or not, should do some reading! 

I need to contact Xpel about their PPF training in San Antonio. Been procrastinating for a couple months now about setting a date to go and up my

skilz. Also wanting to attend the 3m training in Seattle since it's close to me. Been talking to @Stewy about the Dub PPF training but that's another one I need to learn about. I really want to do several training programs and then go to Georgia and work a week or so with a friend I taught to tint in my training program about ten years ago for more. He specializes in full PPF wraps on high end cars so I think I better be prepared not to screw anything up. Only formal training I have done was with 3m way back in the beginning of the business.

Garware/Global produces @Armolan but ...... Am I right with who makes film for Xpel?   Sorry I'm out of the loop on this and the long post!

cheers mang :beer 

Flat,

I respect you i wasnt trying to saying you were wrong about anything just giving some opinion :thumb

I feel DUBIR and XPEL at least ceramics are concerned are the same company, pretty consistent with a certain company witha few differences (minor) in the construction of films to avoid the copycat accusations lol. I feel that all these companies coming out that were never known to sell film turning and capitalizing on it (selling film). I for one feel that why dont they start from nothing? just make up a name and start branding a name nobody has every heard about, see what kind of success bring them? All these guys who have been distributors of some sort and turn around and start they're own thing? Makes you questions the're sales abilities lol. Sorry off topic

Its really all in the name and customer service. If you mention Global film ppl won't know what it is. But if you mention 3M and their film, more ppl can relate. As long as they have labor and material on their warranty card, im good with it. I do know that @whitehog runs one of the best customer service out there.

Guest Metro Films

Xpel feels cool but it has a really weird rainbow effect. The rainbow effect is apparent and compared to 3mCR and Huper Ceramic its has some bugs to work out. Mainly that rainbow effect

4 hours ago, TINT said:

Flat,

I respect you i wasnt trying to saying you were wrong about anything just giving some opinion :thumb

I feel DUBIR and XPEL at least ceramics are concerned are the same company, pretty consistent with a certain company witha few differences (minor) in the construction of films to avoid the copycat accusations lol. I feel that all these companies coming out that were never known to sell film turning and capitalizing on it (selling film). I for one feel that why dont they start from nothing? just make up a name and start branding a name nobody has every heard about, see what kind of success bring them? All these guys who have been distributors of some sort and turn around and start they're own thing? Makes you questions the're sales abilities lol. Sorry off topic

No offence taken, you are a pretty smart guy and been around forever.

Still off topic but who makes film/ PPF for Pentagon? :dunno 

cheers 

Hello,

@vladimirnn if you can PM me your information I can have our Germany Branch send you a sample of this product if you would like to try it, this ceramic film is very popular in the hotter states in the US due to its heat rejecting abilities  :thumb

@flat rock stan  Stan the man! Hope everything is going well, lets see if we can work out of the country again soon :beer

On 2/6/2017 at 4:27 PM, flat rock stan said:

I replied earlier on this but can't find it.....

Armolan I have worked with in Europe a lot when working there and really liked it. Great color stability and I know who makes it so I trust it. :twocents

Not real popular yet in the States but fairly new here and gaining popularity.  

They are a sponsor on tintdude also so you can contact them from the PM feature. In Europe I worked with the folks in Germany who are great honest people to deal with, also should be priced better with great quality. @Armolan Window Films

Don't have any experience with Xpel yet and am not sure who makes it. What standards are used I don't know so can't give you any feedback.

Welcome to the forum!

cheers :beer  

Stan

On 2/3/2017 at 11:26 AM, vladimirnn said:

Hello, I want your opinion about this two film. The first is Armolan Spectrum Grey 70 ceramic, and the other is Xpel Prime XR 70.bb58a9cfb48454beb0beaf7c79eb1a89.jpg49e9a915bcf7ac24b509052c2da0cc9b.jpg

Which one is better, or there's not a big difference between them.

20 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

No offence taken, you are a pretty smart guy and been around forever.

Still off topic but who makes film/ PPF for Pentagon? :dunno 

cheers 

Who knows i havent had the pleasure of trying their films out. Pentagon? I thought they went under? Word was they were reselling something similar to AIR80 or something. I always thought they were part of service ground distribution but they sell dub and nano fusion.

Im not smart at all :spit

9 hours ago, ArmolanWindowFilms said:

Hello,

@vladimirnn if you can PM me your information I can have our Germany Branch send you a sample of this product if you would like to try it, this ceramic film is very popular in the hotter states in the US due to its heat rejecting abilities  :thumb

@flat rock stan  Stan the man! Hope everything is going well, lets see if we can work out of the country again soon :beer

Sounds great Diego :beer 

im going to be emailing Germany tomorrow about some ideas we might be able to do together with training seminars in Europe similar to ones I did a few years back. Looking forward to next Automeckinia, hope I get invited again. Was great working with you.

cheers 

Archived