Suntek Carbon XP Color Stability?

So right now, I have 3M CS 5% on right now. One thing I don't really like is that it is not as dark as it is, it has a 9% VLT. I am thinking about going to CXP 5% and I am suspecting that will be darker due to its 6% VLT. Its just that my 3M CS looks so light under sunlight, it peneprates easily through the tint even though it claims 5%. My other concern is also the quality of the tint as well, scratching, fading, purpling, etc...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9% vs 6% is not going to be a huge difference...most likely won't tell a difference.  We have people that do 20% on the front doors and 15% on the rear in Llumar and it looks virtually the same with a 6% difference in VLT (18% vs 24%).  Might as well as double layer it.

10 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

9% vs 6% is not going to be a huge difference...most likely won't tell a difference.  We have people that do 20% on the front doors and 15% on the rear in Llumar and it looks virtually the same with a 6% difference in VLT (18% vs 24%).  Might as well as double layer it.

Really? Hmmm, strange because I don't know why my CS 3M 5% is not dark at all, a lot of light still comes in. Never had suntek cxp 5% soI can't say much about it.

Keep in mind it is 9% out of the box...so it is around 6% on your glass.  Based on what you have been saying, you are looking for something in the 1-2% range.  If it is already tinted, it would be cheaper to have them double the 3M CS with another 20/35 to make it darker versus paying for removal.  Personally, that is way too dark for me...20% max, but usually around the 35% range for me.  I do too much speeding/racing to have blacked out film.

9 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Keep in mind it is 9% out of the box...so it is around 6% on your glass.  Based on what you have been saying, you are looking for something in the 1-2% range.  If it is already tinted, it would be cheaper to have them double the 3M CS with another 20/35 to make it darker versus paying for removal.  Personally, that is way too dark for me...20% max, but usually around the 35% range for me.  I do too much speeding/racing to have blacked out film.

I see, I also noticed that the 3m CS 5% has great visibility from the inside out as compared to other films like the CXP 5%. My friend has the CXP 5% and it seems much darker from the inside out (visibility wise). Do you happen to know why there is a difference?

3 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

If your friend has CXP 5 and you have CS 5, then this thread should of never started.  You have seen both, pick which one you like better.  Over thinking it.

I was referring to the visibility from the inside out and how they were different between the two films, the 3M CS had better visability from inside out while the CXP was a darker to see out. Could it be the the quality between the two films? 

I would rank CS as a better quality film, so the visibility should be better.  On the flipside, the CXP is darker so maybe that makes the difference in visibility.  I couldn't tell you either way, I don't carry any 5% films so never installed CS 5 and I would never install Suntek again so no chance of seeing CXP 5.

Archived