stock tint match, favorite brands?

6 hours ago, pbalentine said:

I use EWF Classic Black for factoring matching.  

Fizeeq, are you only tinting the fronts with 15% to match?? If you are, 15% will be slightly darker than the rear privacy. Those rollups are 70% from factory, so if the the customer only wants the fronts done, i do 20%.  With ford, 15% will be much darker than the privacy glass.

Yeah, thats what the customer wanted. but wasn't much of a difference to the eye. Ill keep that in mind though. Thanks!

anyone have a good match for the newer forerunners?  i've tried but can't come up with a good match for these.  closest has been SFX Carbon but even that's off

also just did a RX 570 and had the same problem-figure this must be same factory glass as the forerunner. 

no problem with other toyotas

On 3/8/2017 at 7:43 AM, jconnors said:

anyone have a good match for the newer forerunners?  i've tried but can't come up with a good match for these.  closest has been SFX Carbon but even that's off

also just did a RX 570 and had the same problem-figure this must be same factory glass as the forerunner. 

no problem with other toyotas

Any film with a blacker look will look the best.  So we usually do 3M CS Carbon which looks good on it, but still slightly noticeable.

The problem with the four runner is the fact that the factory privacy glass is almost purple

While the clear front doors have a green hue to them. Seems no matter what I put on the front doors of them, they still look greenish. 

Best solution is to put a black 35% over the rear and either a 20% or 15% on the front doors. Still might be slightly off, bit that's the closest I have found to an all around match. 

Archived