PPF over Plastidip

BMW owner had his car plastidipped "not with the cheap stuff" and wants to clearbra the front bumper.  It has an oddball bumper and neither Xpel nor computercut offer a kit so it must be bulked. What is your opinion on any issues that may arise and warranty? Client requests Xpel.  Sounds like a disaster in the waiting, but I don't have much experience with this new "not the cheap stuff" plastidip.  

There are several brands of peelable paint...Plasti Dip, Halo EFX, and AutoFlex being the most popular.  We were a distributor for the first two and both have a high orange peel surface.  AutoFlex is a next level product that will look like real paint, it can even be waxed and buffed and is as expensive as real paint.  However, it can also be peeled off just like the first two.  I personally would not PPF over any of these dips, but if you decide to do it, make sure you charge enough and offer zero warranty.

25 minutes ago, flat rock stan said:

I wouldn't be comfortable with doing it :twocents

My question is does anyone put ppf over a surface that has been treated with something like ceramic pro¿

Yes.  We personally use a wax/sealant except for areas there might be a problem sticking.  Talking with my 3M rep two weeks ago about it and he says 3M recommends putting some type of coating down.

7 hours ago, flat rock stan said:

I wouldn't be comfortable with doing it :twocents

My question is does anyone put ppf over a surface that has been treated with something like ceramic pro¿

The ceramic should be removed ( not a simple job) prior to applying PPF. The ceramic should be applied over the PPF. 

1 hour ago, DynamicAppearance said:

great stuff. Guy out of Atlanta trained me applications a couple years ago. We use different product but this works well too. Awsome to seal PPF with.

Archived